I know the summit is around...

I know the summit is around...

I know the summit is around here somewhere. Only goats should be on this miserable chunk of Washington. 24 July 2004
Dennis Poulin
on Mar 17, 2005 11:13 pm
Image ID: 95482

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Apr 6, 2005 11:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey! It's

not THAT miserable. I've been back twice since my first trip with the guys in late February. (- Hmmmm - maybe I AM an idiot!?)



Thanks for posting the pic and have fun!



Don



Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Apr 12, 2005 12:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey! It's

I climbed it in the summer heat and the black flies ate me up! I didn't enjoy the hike at all. I guess I climbed at the wrong time of the year.



Dennis

Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Apr 12, 2005 8:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey! It's

Yeah, I know what you mean about the black flies. Something about the Mt. St. Helens area and those buggers! I've never seen them worse than there and they are so fast even at a seven minute/mile descent they stay with you!



When we did it in Feb. it was perfect - not a bug to be seen and you have probably seen the pics! I did it from the horse camp in a pouring 38 degree rain last week and there was a lot to be desired - but I will say, there were still no bugs.



How's the snow down your way? I'll be in Medford in a couple of weeks and thought I'd do a bit of exploring.



dn

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Apr 13, 2005 2:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey! It's

We have had winter in Medford. The snow level last night was at 3,000 feet. Mt. Ashland ski area has been open all year, but they just closed it this weekend. This is their normal closing time, the snow pack is the most they have had all year long. If you do any climbing, expect to hit snow at about 5,000 feet. If you like climbing on snow there are lots of options down here, especially north towards Crater Lake. Then, there is always Mt. Shasta only 100 miles south.



Dennis

Viewing: 1-4 of 4