Viewing: 1-7 of 7
vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Apr 25, 2008 12:01 am - Voted 10/10

Ticked off

Nice report. And equally nice pictures.

F***ing ticks - I hate 'em. I've had 2 this spring already and, in addition to the gross-out factor when you find the odious little sods feeding away when you get home, and since lime disease is a real possibility on the Island, you've got the hassle of the bloodwork etc which, with my aversion to needles, is almost as bad.

Glad you enjoyed that nice weather we sent over the hills for you to enjoy after your climb. Snow in Victoria on April 20th - sacriledge!

AJones

AJones - Apr 25, 2008 6:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Ticked off

Yea, who likes ticks - no one. They suck! One of my doc friends says we don't have to worry about lime disease over here yet, but that will sure to change. The weather just started to clear up this afternoon, after 7 days of snow and cold. It's supposed to be sunny and 14C tomorrow, so my wife and I are going climbing!! Hopefully, the weatherman won't dissapoint.

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Apr 25, 2008 3:59 am - Voted 10/10

Well done!

Nice trip report. Congratulations!

AJones

AJones - Apr 25, 2008 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well done!

Thanks!

rpc

rpc - Apr 25, 2008 5:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice read.

Always enjoy your TR's A. as I did this one.

"and I knew she would be wondering what the hell we were doing going climbing in a hurricane"

we had similar thoughts on day 2 of our Zenyatta Entrada climb in Arches this past weekend :)

AJones

AJones - Apr 25, 2008 6:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice read.

I really hate the wind. It seems to be alive and mean. I can stand cold and heat, but wind can be the most demoralizing.

rpc

rpc - Apr 25, 2008 7:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice read.

Yeah - I agree, it's like being slapped in the face all day long. Demoralizing & tiring as hell.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Ice, Rock & Wind' main page