Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Bill Kerr

Bill Kerr - Jan 3, 2009 1:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Creative Outlet - Yes!

Summit Post is certainly a creative outlet. I have never really thought about it as art but it is that as well. Story telling is one of the oldest art forms. There is some base need within us to recount tales to others who can really understand and appreciate the nuances of the story. We need to share our experiences with others of like minds.

The digital cameras and computers also give us ordinary people an easier art outlet than ever before.
Good article - wanders a bit at the start but good points. Thanks for posting.

Bill

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 4, 2009 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Creative Outlet - Yes!

I added the "creative outlet" comment late in revising my document. But I felt it was needed for the story to make more sense. Something just seemed to be missing.

The new electronic toys definitely make it easier to tell our stories. And SP makes it pretty easy to make a quality document.You're right, it's definitely easier to tell our stories to an eager audience. I was just late getting to the party.

Thanks for the comments and for visiting.
Mark

silversummit

silversummit - Jan 3, 2009 9:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Well said!

I too found SP recently and based on what I've read so far and conversations with other SPers I think SP is what each of us makes it. And when you think about it, most everything here is what others themselves are sharing. I too, truly enjoy working on my photos, writing my articles and reading about the experiences of others and like Bill said SP draws us in and gives us an outlet.

Another reason I post is like yours, while I have some friends who do hike and camp etc. none feel the way people do here at SP (and they've heard it all before!).

It's articles like yours that really keep me coming back to SP!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jan 4, 2009 1:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Well said!

I had a good portion of this article written in my head by the time I made my first submittal to SP. I was very focused on the concept of "posts and their potential impact on a single person" which was the final argument I made to myself and convinced me to start posting. I was originally going to put some of that in "A Few Words" on my profile - but it turned into a 2 page Word document - and I thought that might just be a little long for my Profile page.

As always, thanks for your kind words.
Mark

Elizabeth Riggin

Elizabeth Riggin - Jan 18, 2009 5:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Sweet....

Thanks for this article. I appreciate real people with real experiences...thanks! Have a wonderful new year!
Elizabeth Riggin
author/poet

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'In the Spirit of Giving' main page