Index of Alpine Articles

Index of Alpine Articles

Page Type Page Type: Article
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Trad Climbing, Ice Climbing, Aid Climbing, Mixed

Alpine Articles

Alpine climbing demands a huge skill set. What you don't know can hurt you. I wrote this article as an index of links that I feel are useful for alpinists and mountaineers. If you have an article you would like included, please PM me.

Alpinism 101. A primer for an alpinist's education.

How's your safety? This succinct, incisive article written by one of SP's most experienced alpinists proffers tips for staying safe while climbing.

So you want to climb Mt. Rainier. While specific for Mount Rainier, much of the information is relevant to other 4,000 meter glaciated peaks.

Tips for climbing fourth class terrain Third classing it, simu-climbing, or soloing; not considered 'safe' by some, but increase speed, and in some situations is the better alternative.

More alpine climbing tips Considered tips and techniques from a smart, experienced alpinist.

How to climb efficiently in the alpine Tips and techniques for climbing fast in the alpine

Climbing in three person teams. Some tips and thoughts on climbing efficiently as a party of three.

A guide to climbing Denali Informative article on climbing the West Buttress of Denali, also relevent to other big, cold mountains.

How to crack climb Many new climbers get their start in gyms and don't learn the fine and elegant art of climbing cracks. This article is a great introduction.

Getting downThe necessary and sometimes black art of getting down.

Melting snow for water Hotoven wrote this informative article on the important task of melting snow for drinking water.

External Links

Freedom of the Hills, 8th ed. is the most comprehensive book on all things alpine.

Extreme Alpinism; Climbing High, Fast, and LIght Consider this book part of your graduate schooling in alpinism.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
alpine345

alpine345 - Jan 22, 2012 5:50 pm - Hasn't voted

speed?

Where's your "Speed" article?

alpine345

alpine345 - Jan 22, 2012 5:53 pm - Hasn't voted

speed!

Sorry, I found it...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2