tloganUntitled Comment

tlogan

Great page with some really impressive photos... congrats.
Posted Dec 10, 2003 5:13 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks! I must admit I made this page more because of pictures. And to complete the information about this area too.
Posted Dec 11, 2003 5:51 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Another great addition Vid! Can't tell you how happy I am that you found SP. Your pages and will to share are great, photography absolutely amazing! Stane Klemenc can hide.
Posted Dec 11, 2003 8:14 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

He, he, thanks, you're exagerating. I'm sorry that guys like Stane and other mountaineers from Slovenia are not contributing. The main idea of this site is joint effort - until Josh has enough disk space. Later competition can occur...
Posted Dec 11, 2003 9:22 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Sometimes when I write a comment and submit it I think back what the hell I just wrote. People that don't know me will probably think this guy is king of exaggeration. I don't know if it is exaggeration but I like to give a compliment where compliment is due. I'm just passionate when I see photo which thrills me. But what I wrote about Stane is true. I have his book and I have other Slovenian books and I claim that his (or their) photographs aren't better than yours. Just from the photos you already posted first class monograph could be published. Period :-)
Posted Dec 11, 2003 2:24 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

May be I could publish a book, but I wonder if the resolution of digital pictures would be good enough. I am planning, sometimes, when I grow big and adult, a booklet of a smaller format (resolution) with only some carefully chosen pictures and impressions going with them. Some time...

And you, Sasa, I was thinking that only material you posted on SummitPost would qualify for a great monography of Velebit. I don't think something comparable exists yet and I am sure you are the best person to do it. I tell you - it's a nice feeling when your book is published. I have a book on intelligence and some manuals on the field of psychology. Just go for it!
Posted Dec 12, 2003 7:16 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

That is my plan Vid. When I finish my work of covering Velebit I'll offer it to some publishers. I hope they will see potential in it. Both monograph and a guide would be great. Yes, it must be really a great feeling to have your own book. I hope you'll go for your guide too.

Digital resolution is what bothers me also. At least you have 2.1mp which not much but light year ahead of quality I had on my old Oly c920. All the great photos I shot between 11.2000.-04.2003 on those 1.3mp is like wasted for nothing. None of that can be used and there are many great photos there. They can be used in pocket guide but not in monograph. But that was the era of changing system and price that had to be paid. Now with 5mp I think it is enough to look good in bigger book. When prices drop I'll certainly switch back to SLR but this time D SLR. Olympus E1 looks good, especially in the future when pixels double.
Posted Dec 12, 2003 8:28 am

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks Marco! Recently you've visited some of my pages. Have you been in Julian Alps already?
Posted Mar 29, 2004 10:51 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Nice page and very beautiful photo for addres!

Was it photo of the week?
Posted Sep 17, 2004 11:09 am

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

Vid I forgot wish you a nice climbing weekend! It looks nice because the weather would be nice!

What are you planing to climb tommorow?

I will try to climb on Rusica and Rigljica (in nearness of Spik)! =)

So be nice!

Chears Bor!
Posted Sep 17, 2004 12:57 pm

Vid PogachnikUntitled Comment

Vid Pogachnik

Thanks for your vote! I don't remember if that pic was photo of the week. Tomorrow? Still don't know.
Posted Sep 17, 2004 2:50 pm

BorUntitled Comment

Bor

I will put up the page of Piparji in next days.

Cheers!