Judaean Desert Route N1

Judaean Desert Route N1

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 31.16349°N / 35.35279°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

 
Juadeaean Desert Route N1
Up through Nahal Yizrah










Short (5-6 hours) exclusively picturesque route in the Judaean Desert in Ein Boqeq area. The route is laid through three valleys Nahal Zohar, Nahal Yizrah and Nahal Rom. It begins and ends practically on the Dead Sea coastline (-450 m from a sea level).



The total elevation of the route is about 350 m. The high point of the route is the unnamed top (-100 m from a sea level). Despite small extent on the way there are two canyons, wide valley, mountain pass and even a small top. Ideal route for a party with kids. The route is marked all through, however there are no any information signs on the starting points.



Getting There

 
Juadeaen Desert Route N1
Dead Sea - Nahal Zohar - Nahal Yizrah - Nahal Rom - Dead Sea






Starting points



1. Neve Zohar junction on road 90. The track begins on the opposite side of the road 90. At the Neve Zohar entrance there is a place for parking.




2. Gas station on road 90 about 500 m from the junction with road 31 in the direction to Eilat. From gas station move in the direction of the bridge on road 90. The trail goes under the bridge.











Red Tape

Ein Boqeq area is the part of Judaean Desert natural reserve. Hikers are permitted on marked paths only. It is strictly prohibited to hike in the reserve after dark.

Camping

No Campings.

When to climbe

The route is accessible all-year round. But comfortable hiking is possible only in winter when the temperature doesn't rise above 25 deg C. In the rains period the route can be very dangerous even if the rain starts some where on the plate.