Kala Pataar Comments

CharlieUntitled Comment

Charlie

Wonderful page! I plan on going to Nepal for a couple of months next year and I am looking for ideas. It looks like I found one.

Thanks for the info. I hope to talk to you more about the possibilities in Nepal soon.

-Charlie
Posted Feb 13, 2002 9:00 pm

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Thanks Charlie. I did this trek with one buddy, no guides or porters. It was a very good trek with just awesome views of Everest. We booked it all on our own, so if you have a spirit of adventure and the time you can save a boatload of money by doing it on your own that way over the organized tours. I think staying in the teahouses is also advantageous as you get to meet people from around the world and not just the people on your tour group.
Posted Feb 22, 2002 9:18 am

William MarlerUntitled Comment

William Marler

Great page. The route in could use some flushing out. I will post some info and you can add it if you think it is worthy. Cheers William
Posted Mar 2, 2003 12:10 pm

ViatorUntitled Comment

Viator

Good page. One thing: Isn't Yeti Airlines still running a Kathmandu/Lukla route? Just another option for getting there.
Posted Aug 29, 2003 12:04 am

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

I don't know. When where you there and when was Yeti airlines running? I am only familiar with Royal Nepal airlines. Thanks for the page vote.
Posted Aug 30, 2003 9:10 pm

ViatorUntitled Comment

Viator

The last time I flew Yeti into Lukla was in 99. However, as far as I can tell, they still run flights there. I saw a schedule yesterday that was good through a couple of months, showing a daily flight from Kathmandu to Lukla.
Posted Sep 1, 2003 12:36 am

vertxUntitled Comment

vertx

Nice work!
Posted Oct 6, 2003 3:35 pm

Jerry LUntitled Comment

Jerry L

Excellent page with lots of good info. Looks like this would be a great climb.
Posted Oct 11, 2003 3:03 pm

Rick BUntitled Comment

Rick B

Good page with lots of amazing photos!
Posted Dec 26, 2003 5:11 am

vito corleoneUntitled Comment

:-)
Posted Apr 20, 2004 10:19 am

kilimanjaro1Untitled Comment

kilimanjaro1

Hi Vito- I appreciate your comment. Believe me I am well aware of the hazards of AMS and would not wish it on anybody. My itinerary was not meant as a guide for others... just merely a statement of what I did "for what it is worth." But your point is well taken... I will rewrite it to empasize the importance of a gradual ascent. Happy Climbing!
Posted May 9, 2004 1:48 am

vito corleoneUntitled Comment

I changed it to four stars. Cheers!
Posted May 11, 2004 3:51 am

ezaUntitled Comment

eza

A great work, kilimanjaro! Congratulations
Posted May 19, 2004 9:34 am

VelebitUntitled Comment

Velebit

Great page, amazing photos or the region!
Posted Nov 12, 2004 8:40 am

Rafa BartolomeUntitled Comment

Rafa Bartolome

:-) :-) :-) :-)
Posted Dec 6, 2004 12:14 pm

ScottNeeds serious updating.

Scott

The "breaking news" is from 2006 and is way outdated.

Also, the page says the following:

Note: Effective May 2004, bus service has been suspended due to a recent attack on a bus to Jiri.

This information is way outdated. Bus service is alive and running and the road has even been expanded to Bhandar, two days walk time beyond Jiri.

The links on the page are dead.

The permit information is from the year 2000 and needs to be updated.

The airline information on Lukla is very outdated. Royal Nepal Airlines doesn't even exist anymore, but Nepal Airlines does. They don't fly to Lukla though.

Please update the page.