Dave KDouble!

Dave K

Hi Dean,

I think you have submitted two Keg Mountain pages.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 12:39 pm

DeanRe: Double!

I sure as heck did. Thanks Dave for the heads up and for the vote.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 12:46 pm

desainmePerhaps its's a dry keg?

desainme

Looks like a ton of fun.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 2:34 pm

ScottKegs in Utah

Scott

It sounds like the Keg may be a water one (?), but here's some interesting tidbits on other places in Utah with the name.

What a strange name in a predominantly Mormon state.

Not too strange when you consider the history of the remote areas of the state. "Mormon state" or not the remote areas (deserts) of Utah were prime bootlegging country for outlaws and hard for the law to find during the prohibition. Many name places with the word "Keg" (or Moonshine, etc) remain in Utah. Sometimes remains of the stills and kegs are still there. Here is a place where you can still find and see them (interesting if you are in the area):

Moonshine Spring

There are other various "Keg" names in the area:

Keg Spring

I mean if you were making Moonshine, the remote deserts of Utah is a perfect place. There is little chance of getting caught. You simply bury your kegs various places in the ground or sand and let the buyers know where they are buried.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 8:11 pm

ericnoelKeg

ericnoel

Hey, congratulations on finally finding a mtn with no cell phone service. That's not unusual for most of us but for you that never happens so I guess that's a good way to show how far out in the middle of nowhere this was.
Posted Nov 5, 2007 11:46 pm

DeanRe: Keg

Oh, you didn't know that I don't have my analog phone anymore, just a digital. I had a falling out with US Cellular and that was the company i had the analog phone with. The analog phone would have made it, of that I have no doubt, but digital out there, no chance since there are no towers in range. Now where I put that new keg at? .... : )
Posted Nov 5, 2007 11:50 pm

jupeklCamping

Ive camped twice at keg Pass, 2004 and 2009, first time just tent and drove the suv, second we drove 40 mile sform our base camp all on the ATV,,,great place we did meet a family who camped below the pass going north,,yes very primative, but nice, hiking exploring, etc, or just kick back next to the fire, i do recommend water, and safety gear out here, cause we only met one family, but that was it till we got back to our base camp,,,,i recommend ride an ATV out to this area , and camp...plenty of room for all
Posted Jul 7, 2011 1:45 pm