Kellerskopf (Taunus)

Kellerskopf (Taunus)

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 50.13761°N / 8.28382°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1555 ft / 474 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

 
Kellerskopf
 

Though not an alpine giant by any means, with 226 feet of prominence, this peak is worthy of note. It lies in the Taunus Mountains northeast of Wiesbaden, and directly to the west of the town of Naurod. There is a maze of trails on this mountain, and it seems to be very popular with the locals as a nordic skiing spot, and for mountain biking. There is also a restaurant at the summit, with an interesting stone observation tower. It is possible to drive to the summit, but you can park near the hut at the base of the mountain, and pick one of several paths to the top. The mountain is heavily forested, so the views from the summit are limited. I would guess that the view from the tower is excellent, but it was closed when I visited.

Getting There

 
View From Hut
 

To get there from Wiesbaden, take the 455 towards Koenigstein am Taunus. Follow the 455 for several kilometers until the exit to Naurod. Go west on K647 towards Rambach for approx 250 ft, then go right on Tannenhof. There is a large sign on the side of the road directing you to Kellerskopf. Just follow Tannenhof, and it turns into Kellerskopf Weg. You can either park in the large parking area just past the hut, or you can drive up the mountain. There is a smaller parking area approximately half-way up the mountain, and then there is the restaurant parking area at the summit.

 
Road to the Lower Parking Lot
 

Red Tape

There is no red tape that I am aware of.

Camping

I do not know 100% if camping is prohibited, but camping outside of developed campgrounds is generally off-limits in Germany.

External Links

 
Tower from the Trail
 

 
Parking Lot Sign
 

 
Summit Restaurant
 

The summit restaurant(German Only)

English language Wikipedia article on Naturpark Rhein-Taunus

Naturpark Rhein-Taunus homepage(German Only)

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.