KHANEHBON CANYON

Page Type Page Type: Canyon
Location Lat/Lon: 36.55325°N / 50.72015°E
Activities Activities: Canyoneering
Seasons Season: Summer
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Khanehbon Canyon1



On the northwest of Mt Siyalan there is a nice peak called Mt Khanehbon. There is a very nice sheperd house on the north slopes of it and two canyons which continue to Daryasar Plain. One is called Khanehbon Canyon and the others name is Jaldareh.
Khanehbon Canyon starts from the elevation of almost 2350 meters and ends at abut 1800 at the south east of Daryasar Plain. The Lat/Lon given here belongs to the higher elevations of the canyon.
Lack of water at this time of the year made it easier for us to pass the canyon. Some parts are less than 1 meter wide and when there is much water falling it gets too hard to find an apropriate placeto fix the rope for rappeling.
The Canyon is more than 1900 meters long and it took us about four hours to get out of it.

Getting There

Khanehbon Canyon2



The Canyon is located in Dohezar valley on the south of Daryasar Plain in Mt Siyalan area. So you should come to Tonekabon(Shahsavar) by Karaj-Chaloos road. and then get to Eselmahalleh village. There would be the place you should start hiking.

Red Tape

Khanehbon Canyon3



No red tapes in the area.

Camping

Khanehbon Canyon4



You can camp anywhere you like. But if you want you can do the whole program in one day and get back before night.

Equipment

Khanehbon Canyon6



Helmet,descenders, Harness, extra cloths, and one 50 meter rope is the least you will need for this canyon. But if ou are not lucky enough you may have to ascend a part of the way that you have just descended so better to have some ascenders and rappling equipment in your backpack.