Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Looking forward to the continuation. As usual, well written with plenty of info and the captions on the photos are informative too. Nice to see you back in action!
Posted Jul 18, 2005 11:10 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thanks for taking the time to see my pages and photos Aaron.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:29 am

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Pleasant summer mix of rock and snow. Mountains look numerous and interesting. Good pix all. Nice directions from Yoonza Pass.
Posted Jul 18, 2005 11:36 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for looking at this page, pics and the route. I appreciate your vote.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:32 am

NelsonUntitled Comment

Nelson

Another really intersting page from Iran. This is a great series you're doing. Thanks.

I am adding them to the "Whats'New Asia" thread.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 2:29 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

I have noticed the "Whats' New Asia" thread. Thanks for doing that and for your vote.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:34 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote and comment. I grew up in Tehran near these mountains and always wanted to explore these peaks but never got the chance to do so. Left Iran in 1983 when I was 18 years old. Last year went back for the first time and did some climbing. Seems like my childhood dream is finally coming true.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:40 am

mountainfireUntitled Comment

In the main page you wrote:

“”” …I , however, don’t think that this point qualifies as a separate peak so ….. “””

I wonder what reference number ( Prominence number ?) have you applied in your analyses of what constitutes an individual peak?!

Posted Jul 19, 2005 5:21 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote.

Darreh Pelk is probably only 25 vertical meters higher than the saddle that separates it from the other Point 3850 m to the west of it. All of these four points are like that. It just does not feel like an individual peak but that is very subjective.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:44 am

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great work!

-Britt
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:04 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote and support.
Posted Jul 19, 2005 9:45 am

Johan HeersinkUntitled Comment

Johan Heersink

Nice page!
Posted Jul 20, 2005 7:00 am

DeanUntitled Comment

Nice nice page. Iran has some nice peaks and areas.
Posted Jul 20, 2005 11:35 am

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for checking out this page. I appreciate your vote and comment.
Posted Jul 20, 2005 4:30 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Nice page.
Posted Jul 20, 2005 4:09 pm

nomadUntitled Comment

nomad

I saw your pictures and this page, I wonder why you choosed this peak ummm you are a genius finding peaks which would dominate your view to a big range of Alborz...
Posted Jul 23, 2005 3:34 pm

naderUntitled Comment

nader

Thank you for your vote.

I had planned to start by climbing the Kharsang Kooh peaks and then continuing the ridgetop to Kholeno, Paloon Gardan, Kaman Kooh...all the way to Kandovan Tunnel. To avoid doing a lot of vertical on Kharsang Kooh, at the last minute we decided to drive to Yoonza Pass. This gave us the chance to climb Khatoon Bargah too but made it much longer. Also I found it difficult to go up and down all these endless high points/peaks with a 20 Kg backpack. Some of these peaks, especially Janeston, turned out to be very rocky requiring hand and foot climbing or traversing steep snow banks. This slowed us down a lot and my guide said at that rate, we were going to run out of food. The "Jhandark" needles before Kholeno seemed to be completley covered in snow, so after the Janeston Peaks, we decided to go back to Tehran and then Go to Azad Kooh the next day. I really regret not having climbed all those peaks but at least I am still alive!
Posted Jul 23, 2005 8:07 pm