Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jul 18, 2005 11:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looking forward to the continuation. As usual, well written with plenty of info and the captions on the photos are informative too. Nice to see you back in action!

nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:29 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for taking the time to see my pages and photos Aaron.

desainme

desainme - Jul 18, 2005 11:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Pleasant summer mix of rock and snow. Mountains look numerous and interesting. Good pix all. Nice directions from Yoonza Pass.

nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:32 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for looking at this page, pics and the route. I appreciate your vote.

Nelson

Nelson - Jul 19, 2005 2:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Another really intersting page from Iran. This is a great series you're doing. Thanks.



I am adding them to the "Whats'New Asia" thread.

nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:34 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I have noticed the "Whats' New Asia" thread. Thanks for doing that and for your vote.

nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:40 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote and comment. I grew up in Tehran near these mountains and always wanted to explore these peaks but never got the chance to do so. Left Iran in 1983 when I was 18 years old. Last year went back for the first time and did some climbing. Seems like my childhood dream is finally coming true.

mountainfire - Jul 19, 2005 5:21 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

In the main page you wrote:



“”” …I , however, don’t think that this point qualifies as a separate peak so ….. “””



I wonder what reference number ( Prominence number ?) have you applied in your analyses of what constitutes an individual peak?!





nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:44 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote.



Darreh Pelk is probably only 25 vertical meters higher than the saddle that separates it from the other Point 3850 m to the west of it. All of these four points are like that. It just does not feel like an individual peak but that is very subjective.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Jul 19, 2005 9:04 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great work!

-Britt

nader

nader - Jul 19, 2005 9:45 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote and support.

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Jul 20, 2005 7:00 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

Dean

Dean - Jul 20, 2005 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice nice page. Iran has some nice peaks and areas.

nader

nader - Jul 20, 2005 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for checking out this page. I appreciate your vote and comment.

Scott

Scott - Jul 20, 2005 4:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page.

nomad

nomad - Jul 23, 2005 3:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I saw your pictures and this page, I wonder why you choosed this peak ummm you are a genius finding peaks which would dominate your view to a big range of Alborz...

nader

nader - Jul 23, 2005 8:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your vote.



I had planned to start by climbing the Kharsang Kooh peaks and then continuing the ridgetop to Kholeno, Paloon Gardan, Kaman Kooh...all the way to Kandovan Tunnel. To avoid doing a lot of vertical on Kharsang Kooh, at the last minute we decided to drive to Yoonza Pass. This gave us the chance to climb Khatoon Bargah too but made it much longer. Also I found it difficult to go up and down all these endless high points/peaks with a 20 Kg backpack. Some of these peaks, especially Janeston, turned out to be very rocky requiring hand and foot climbing or traversing steep snow banks. This slowed us down a lot and my guide said at that rate, we were going to run out of food. The "Jhandark" needles before Kholeno seemed to be completley covered in snow, so after the Janeston Peaks, we decided to go back to Tehran and then Go to Azad Kooh the next day. I really regret not having climbed all those peaks but at least I am still alive!

Viewing: 1-17 of 17
Return to 'Khatoon Bargah' main page