King's Pinnacle Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Super Dave

Super Dave - Dec 26, 2023 10:38 am Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2023

Nice hike  Sucess!

Enjoyable afternoon hike. Nice natural area and a mostly shady trail. Here’s a write up and some photos.

Scrambling Man

Scrambling Man - Apr 24, 2017 5:17 pm Date Climbed: Apr 23, 2017

Nice hike  Sucess!

It was rainy and foggy the whole time, but we used the Pinnacle trail to the top and back. Made for a nice, short hike.

Enapai

Enapai - Jul 2, 2012 11:25 pm Date Climbed: May 27, 2012

Route Climbed: Pinnacle Trail   Sucess!

Great morning hike after a wedding Saturday in Charlotte. Son (4) enjoyed the hike. Good views of Charlotte in the distance.

WoundedKnee

WoundedKnee - Mar 1, 2010 12:40 am Date Climbed: Feb 28, 2010

Nice day out  Sucess!

A nice hike. Expansive views from top. My three year old son enjoyed scrambling and playing around on the rocks.

Koonsy

Koonsy - Sep 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Pinnacle Trail  Sucess!

cloudy with rain= no views. I'll hope for better luck next time.

kavak

kavak - Nov 11, 2008 9:51 am Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2005

Pinnacle Trail  Sucess!

While visiting my sister in Charlotte, I just had to get out and what a treat this peak was. There were quite a few people on the mountain for the last day of the year. I then toured the Revolutionary War battleground which is well worth the visit.

gwave47

gwave47 - Feb 20, 2007 12:31 am Date Climbed: Feb 19, 2007

Route Climbed: Pinnacle Trail  Sucess!

Nice short hike. The views were beautiful and I thought it was neat to be able to spot the Appalachian Mountains to one side and the skyscrapers of Charlotte to the other. Thanks for the page Bob!!!

petersbike

petersbike - Mar 25, 2004 1:24 pm

Route Climbed: All hiking trails;many rock climbs since 1999 Date Climbed: Since 1996  Sucess!

This is where I learned to rock climb. First route was the 5.8 The bear on toprope . Very crowded on weekend hence the nickname 'Crowded Mountain'. I did alot of adventure race training there running with pack and rappels and scrambling off trail. Great place.

BobSmith

BobSmith - Mar 14, 2004 10:03 pm

Route Climbed: The Pinnacle Trail. Date Climbed: Many times.  Sucess!

A very nice local mountain. The nearest mountain for me to climb (less than 30 mile drive). It's a strenuous climb of a bit less than 2 miles, and well worth the trip. There are fine views and lots of exposed rock at the summit.



The second time I used The Pinnacle Trail was the first time I saw an otter in the wild. It came out of the dry forest about ten yards in front of me and stood on the trail looking at me. Took me a few seconds to realize what I was seeing. I'd never seen a wild otter before, never expected to see one, and couldn't figure out what kind of animal I was looking at. For a few seconds, it might as well have been a Martian as far as I was concerned. As soon as I figured out what I was seeing, he moved on into the pines and vanished.



Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'King's Pinnacle' main page