mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Very well put together page! This is a nice addition to the sp collection of White Mountain peaks. You didn't happen to climb Mt. Washington did ya? Cuz I'm looking for pictures of nearby Mt. Clay that can be added to my page. If you have some shots don't be shy to post them. Great job on this page and good job on your photos! Have a good one!

-Britt
Posted Nov 15, 2004 10:08 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Thanks for your comments. Have not done Washington . . . yet. We were up on Jackson and Webster last weekend, and Pierce and Eisenhower three weeks ago (Web Report.) Looks like it will be a nice weekend to do Washington if the wind is not out of control.

Cheers.
Posted Nov 15, 2004 10:14 pm

ScottUntitled Comment

Scott

Excellent page.
Posted Nov 15, 2004 10:11 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

Beautifully detailed! This is what SP should be. It also brings a tear to my eye as reminiscences of my old stomping grounds come rushing back. Never climbed Kinsman, but I've been to Lonesome Lake in all seasons. Wonderful place. Kudos and keep those NH peaks coming!
Posted Nov 15, 2004 10:34 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Thanks for your comments! I just started hiking the Whites in earnest, and have done 15 of the 4000 footers since August. The Kinsman loop I described was a wonderful solo hike, though I would have appreciated a little sunshine. I was in the clouds until I got over to the Cannonballs. I was thinking of throwing in Cannon, but I was a little behind schedule, and pretty whipped after the Cannonballs. Glad I did not climb Cannon too, because the Kinsman Ridge Trail from the junction with the Lonesome Lake Trail goes straight up!

Next up for me? Carrigan maybe?? Looks like a nice long day.

Cheers!

-David
Posted Nov 15, 2004 10:42 pm

CharlesDUntitled Comment

CharlesD

15 4000ers? Wow. I only managed 20-something in 18 years of living there, and most of those were during breaks when I was home from college in PA. Cannon is very nice and, as you say, the trail goes straight up. But the view from the east ledges (above where the Old Man used to be, sniff) is spectacular. You can watch the traffic jams of people on the Franconia Ridge.

My favorite White Mountains hikes:

Mahoosuc Notch and Old Speck (actually in Maine)

Wildcat Mountain to Carter Notch loop

Fallingwaters Trail (crowded, but for a reason)

The Air Line on Mount Adams/Madison

I've got details for all of these on my trip reports page, linked from my user profile.
Posted Nov 15, 2004 11:34 pm

nartrebUntitled Comment

nartreb

Another nice job.
Posted Nov 16, 2004 9:20 am

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Excellent work. Very thorough!

*Note for future pages - Just remember that when you put longitude in for mountains in the USA, it should be West, (71.73°W) like it is now for this page. In order to do that, when you put the coordinates in, make sure it is:

-71.73, not 71.73

or

-##.##, not ##,##

Because that puts it in the East, in China somewhere.

It is correct now, but most of your pages initially got it wrong. Just some friendly advice.
Posted Nov 16, 2004 9:28 am

BobSmithUntitled Comment

BobSmith

Got to get back up to New England and hit those peaks!

Very nice summitpost!

Posted Nov 16, 2004 5:11 pm

WhiteLiefUntitled Comment

WhiteLief

Thanks for all four stars! Looks like you've been a busy climber!

-David
Posted Nov 16, 2004 9:41 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Well done page. Went to a backwoods wedding at Lonesome Lake back in 92!
Posted Nov 17, 2004 8:12 am