Viewing: 1-8 of 8
mvs

mvs - Nov 4, 2006 10:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Way to go.

Congradulations on your personal elevation gain record, 1600 meters is no slouch :-D.

3 days before I was up there in pouring rain - you had the weather window I missed.

Thanks for the nice local TR, and have fun snowshoeing this winter!

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 5, 2006 8:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Way to go.

So sorry mvs that you missed that wonderful weather window. I feel quite selfish about grabbing it now! Problem about my elevation gain record is that I'm aiming for 2000m now!

Cy Kaicener

Cy Kaicener - Nov 5, 2006 1:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Kramerspitz via St Martin

Interesting trip report Bryan. The way to remain fit is to do something with elevation gain every week. The older we become, the harder we have to work at it. I find that I lose a pound in body weight for every 1000 ft that I hike up. Unfortunately its body fluids and not fat. I am glad that you beat the bug.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 5, 2006 8:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kramerspitz via St Martin

Cy, what on earth do I say to you!

All I can think of is "if only I could lose a pound of body weight for every 1000 ft that I hike up"

Tell me your secret please!

dadndave

dadndave - Nov 5, 2006 8:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice one

Well written TR, Bryan.

Check the obituary column in the Times each morning. If yer not in it, keep planning the next trip. :-)



Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 5, 2006 9:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice one

Many thanks dadndave.

It's the Pommie cricketers that should be checking the obituary column in the Times! Wasn't there a rather famous obituary in that paper about Pom/Aus cricket once? And again soon I think!

Really can't wait for my next trip to Bavaria. That last trip makes all the training here at home worthwhile. Despite my bier gut.

Cy Kaicener

Cy Kaicener - Nov 6, 2006 2:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Kramerspitz via St Martin

Bryan - There is no secret. I keep putting on the weight the moment I stop. That gives me the excuse to go out there again.
The reward is being out in the mountains and clearing my head.

jaygeekray

jaygeekray - May 31, 2009 1:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks for all your support

Your wonderful webpage and email encouragements made it possible for my son and I to enjoy our hike to the summit of Kramerspitz in the heat on May 23rd. Your detailed descriptions helped us stay on track and kept surprises to a minimum. After a few tense moments crossing the North facing scree/snow field near the top, we decided to go back down via the Stepberg Alm where we really enjoyed a couple cold Lowenbrau's...Thanks again!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Kramerspitz via St Martin' main page