Routesone-of-a-kind book on the area. The book focuses on 13 routes scattered throughout Red Rocks that are traditional in nature and with significant history behind them. These range in difficulty from 5.6 to 5.10 and grade II to IV (some of the grade IV's look like real "adventure" outings). His book is more than a guidebook (though it includes detailed beta on the 12 out 13 routes) - it also includes both a historical and personal account for each route. The writing is excellent (ranging from deeply sad to side-splitting funny) and the black and white photos are beautiful. If you have any interest in Red Rocks climbing, you will no doubt read it cover to cover in the first sitting and find yourself longing for the feel of Red Rock sandstone.
(1) Sentimental Journey IV 5.9 on Mt. Wilson.
(2) Jubilant Song III 5.8 on Windy Peak.
(3) Triassic Sands III 5.10 on Black Velvet Peak.
(4) The Snake Buttress IV 5.9 on Rainbow Mountain.
(5) The Velvet Wall IV 5.9 on Black Velvet Peak.
(6) Tunnel Vision II 5.7 on White Rock Mountain.
(7) Solar Slab III 5.6 on Rainbow Mountain.
(8) The Rainbow Buttress IV 5.8 on Rainbow Wall.
(9) Community Pillar III 5.9 on Juniper Peak.
(10) The Frigid Air Buttress III 5.9+ on Bridge Mountain.
(11) Cat In The Hat II-III 5.6 on Mescalito.
(12) Lady Wilson's Cleavage IV 5.9 on Mt. Wilson.
(13) The Black Orpheus IV 5.10 on Rainbow Mountain.