Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Kiefer

Kiefer - May 2, 2012 12:54 am - Voted 10/10

Nice work!

Nice work on this page! Glad to see a good route like this back up on SP. I remember heading up the SW Ridge and down the Col. Man, the rock in this bad-boy is as loose as you can get!
Good work, dude!

gimpilator

gimpilator - May 4, 2012 12:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice work!

Wow, thank you! And yes, it's amazing that the rock even stays in place.

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 10, 2012 12:47 am - Voted 10/10

Good page, bad route

Perhaps it's just me, but I thought this was a terrible route. On the way up Mount Sneffels we went up the Southwest ridge which was very decent. Then we heard the boom the thunder and quickly went down this route. I slipt many times and got rocks in my shoes. I do admit the fact that we were in a hurry may have badly effected my experience on this route. But even Matt agreed that this was a bad route. Anyways, end of rank. Good job on the page. :-)

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jul 11, 2012 11:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good page, bad route

The Southwest Ridge is probably more fun for people that like scrambling. But if you hadn't been running away from a thunderstorm you might have had a better experience. Did you get a late start?

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jul 11, 2012 1:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good page, bad route

We arrived on the summit around 2 p.m. Early in the morning it was raining which discouraged us from getting an early start. As for scrambling, I like scrambling, probably more than a lot of folks. I've increasingly have been liking class 4 these days. But even if I was walking there was a lot of loose rock, Red Mountain was friendly in comparison. But then again we were running down...

colint

colint - Sep 14, 2015 10:01 am - Hasn't voted

clean up yer shit!

This route is getting trashy! Too many idiots behaving as such. On the way up and down the lavender col, I picked up an empty 40 of Old English, several cigarette butts, some wrappers. There were some nasty piles of excrement and toilet paper that I left alone. Most people on the route were clearly in over their heads (funny, since if you start from the high TH in Yankee Boy it is a short little scramble) and doing dangerously stupid things in the col. Use the talus, not the scree! I hope that the Yankee Boy road gets closed! On the other hand, as a long hike from Blue lakes TH, this is a very fun day. With perfect weather and a late summit time (5:30PM) , we had some surprising solitude on the summit and all the way down.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Lavender Col Standard Route' main page