Lebersteine Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
desainme

desainme - Jul 21, 2007 9:28 am - Voted 10/10

Just 1/2 mile Northwest

of the Guttenberg ruin is Point 1852 feet in Google Earth. Is that the same as the Rehberg?

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 21, 2007 10:45 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Just 1/2 mile Northwest

Guttenberg? Not sure where it is - but there are so many castle ruins in this area that I may be excused, hopefully. Rehberg is at 49.18081, 7.97067 right between Bindersbach and Waldrohrbach. Just have a look at the interactive google map here on SP.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 21, 2007 10:55 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Just 1/2 mile Northwest

Ok, I think I know now where the ruin is. And I think the mountain you are thinking of actually is Hohe Derst, which is 7m lower than Rehberg. It has an interesting mushroom on top, which I always wanted to visit. Maybe one of these days...

Kikee

Kikee - May 4, 2008 4:05 pm - Voted 10/10

LEBERSTEINE

The Leberstein, in the region of the Kaiserbach valley ? Yes, I know this site now : I was there, for visiting and photographying the rocky formation ! The site was very impressive to see, especillay from its base, the vegetation is very deep and dark savage, the silence is remarkable, the view on the Rehberg and on the village of Waldrohrbach is instructive, the climbing voices are very strange and terrifying ! The Leberstein is top, atomical to see : it was a big rocky success of the Palatinate ! Great ! Excellent ... Unfortunately, we can't penetrate the southern summit of the Leberstein, with a ladder for example : it has beeing too and too interesting, fascinating (giant panorama from thereover ! ). Good to know : since the 1st may 2008, is the Leberstein already free of access (the peregrines falcons had disappearing from this rock ! ).

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Lebersteine' main page