Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 49.33164°N / 123.26359°W
Activities Activities: Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

*under construction... if you have beta, please let me know!* Lighthouse Park is a 185 acre park located in West Vancouver, about 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver. It is home to Vancouver's last remaining stand of first-growth Douglas fir trees. Some of these magestic trees are up to 200 feet high and hundreds of years old. The area is also home to some fascinating geology. Shoot me a pm if you're into that sort of thing and I'll give you the secret location! The climbing is located on Juniper Point and it can get busy after work in the summer and on weekends. There are about 4 bolted anchors with routes ranging from about 5.5 to 5.10a (will look into this and confirm). The routes are short but fun and you can't beat the view or the scenery. You'll see lots of birds including eagles and seals are not uncommon visitors. I'll add more specific route info soon!

Getting There

You have two choices. From the Lions Gate Bridge out of downtown, follow Marine Drive past Caufield Cove until you get to Beacon Lane on your left. Alternatively, after the Lions Gate Bridge, you can take Taylor Way (1st right) to the Upper Levels Highway to the Eagle Ridge turnoff. At this point cross the highway and drive down the hill to Marine Drive, turn right until you get to Beacon Lane, with is about 3 km ahead on the right.

Hiking Trails

There are miles of trails in the park. I'll try to find a trail map and add it. The trail you want to take for the climbing area is Juniper Point which is the second trail on the right when you enter the park.

Camping

There is no overnight camping in the park.

Woof

Lighthouse Park is an off-leash area so bring your dogs. If you're coming up from the States, just make sure you have proof of your dog's Rabies vaccinations. That said, I've never been asked to produce this going either way.

External Links

Info from the District of West Vancouver Wikipedia

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
gimpilator

gimpilator - Nov 29, 2015 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Coordinates Glitch

I just stumbled onto a strange glitch which corrupted the location of numerous pages and listed them all at the same point in southern AZ, USA. Please fix the lat/lon coordinates of this page to the following (49.333319, -123.265358) and I'll be happy to remove my "needs updates" vote. Thanks!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Mar 21, 2018 10:02 am - Hasn't voted

Coordinates off

Peak still shows in Arizona. Coordinates need to be fixed

Viewing: 1-2 of 2