Like a Dream! Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Big Skies 808

Big Skies 808 - May 31, 2006 9:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Yet another solid climb

Dude, you know how to pick 'em. Nicely done!

coloradoiceclimber

coloradoiceclimber - Jun 1, 2006 3:27 am - Hasn't voted

Great Climb!

Good work Andy! This has to be one of my favorite climbs of all time!

Sajama

Sajama - Jun 1, 2006 9:03 am - Voted 10/10

Interesting

Interesting climb with solid pics!

Andy

Andy - Jun 1, 2006 2:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Famous

smudge and I both used these crampons with our leather backbacking boots. They worked pretty well, but the soles of my feet were really tired/sore by the time we got to the top. I need to get some real mountaineering boots one of these days. We didn't end up roping up for any of it. The challenging sections were fairly short (no more than 15' or so) and spaced far apart with real moderate snow in between. A rope would have really slowed us down and seemed more trouble than it was worth. If the challenging sections had been more sustained then I probably would have felt the need for protection more intensely.

janeclimber - Jun 2, 2006 4:24 am - Hasn't voted

Thanks again!

Hey, guys, thanks again for showing me the "true Loft" and letting me tag along. Later I checked the Guidebook and found out I went up via "the Loft Ice", a pitch of WI3 if it is in winter. But last Saturday it was soft and slushy, and I only wore light crampons on my approaches shoes...
Please check your PM, which has a link to download some photos I took.
-Jane

janeclimber - May 11, 2008 8:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Improvement

I must admit that it was embarrassing to rely on others to find the way down. Two years later, on May the 4th, 2008, I redeemed my "sin" by a solo climb of Dreamweaver and getting down Loft myself. This time I even helped someone else a bit on my way down.

slowpoke

slowpoke - Jun 2, 2006 8:49 pm - Hasn't voted

nicely done

You all have had a very interesting spring. What's next?

Andy

Andy - Jun 5, 2006 1:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: nicely done

Thanks 'poke. I'm doing a couple of mellow (relatively) climbs in the next couple of weeks but hope to get one more big one in before July. I'm going to be busy pretty much all of July and unable to really go climbing so that has really fueled the motivation to get out as much as possible this spring. What about you - are you going to be able to get anything interesting in before you tackle The Grand?

km_donovan

km_donovan - Jun 5, 2006 1:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Report

The video is well done. Thanks for sharing the experience!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Like a Dream!' main page