Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jul 29, 2007 12:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Nice Page

Good work. Very interesting.

Augie

theronmoon

theronmoon - Jul 30, 2007 6:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page

I was looking to do this one this summer! Great page thanks for creating it.

CookieMonster

CookieMonster - Aug 1, 2007 1:43 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page

Thanks for looking...hope it helps. If you ever try to climb above the second waterfall, and have the time, post what's up there.

bechtt

bechtt - Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am - Hasn't voted

Nice Page

We followed the HPS route which never exceeded Class 1. True that it was the steepest sustained Class 1 that I've done in a while. Here's the link for the route: http://angeles.sierraclub.org/hps/guides/25f.htm

CookieMonster

CookieMonster - Nov 18, 2007 12:42 am - Hasn't voted

HPS route

Do you mean route #1? I think that's the ridge to the left of my route through the canyon. I'd give you more credit - anything trailess is class 2 for me!

Travis_

Travis_ - Nov 26, 2007 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: HPS route

He means Route 1 is Class 1 . Bechtt and I have discussed this before and I often would consider some of the stuff he calls class 1 more like class 2, but when you look at the definitions class 2 states "You may also have to put your hands down occasionally to keep your balance" and this was not necessary for this ridge. I guess for someone with bad balance this could be class 2 :)

Travis_

Travis_ - Nov 26, 2007 6:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Drainage to the South West?

I have a question, is the drainage shown in this photo the one that you describe in your route description as follows? "I left Camp Creek and ascended small drainage to the SW. The drainage climbs 600ft to a ridge overlooking the Camp Creek canyon."

CookieMonster

CookieMonster - Nov 28, 2007 12:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Drainage to the South West?

Definately not! The drainage that I ascended is a small and rocky streambed to the W of the main Camp Creek bed (your photo looks like the main bed). After climbing this small drainage, I struck the col between Little San G and the developed summit just to the W.

Referring to the map, I departed Camp Creek in favor of the small drainage because of the "waterfall" marked in red. When you climb the small drainage to the col, the Camp Creek canyon is below and to the climbers left. If you continue up the waterfall instead, I believe that you will end up near your photo.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Little San Gorgonio Peak' main page