Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.39815°N / 113.93869°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information County: Mohave County
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Bouldering, Scrambling, Canyoneering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4351 ft / 1326 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Long Mountain is a set of small hills running north to south in Mojave County, Arizona. It can be found just west of the Valle Vista housing development, about 16 miles north of Kingman, AZ along the famous Route 66. It's beauty can be seen by all in the Kingman valley.

Getting There

Long Mountain
There are a couple ways to getting to Long Mountain...

From Kingman: From Kingman, take Stockton Hill road north out of town about 12 miles until you come to a road named El Calle Lucero. Turn right onto this road and follow it about 4 and 1/2 miles to Long Mountain.


From Valle Vista: From Route 66, turn onto Concho Drive, the main road through the Valle Vista sub-division and follow Concho about 3 1/2 miles to almost the end of the road. Turn left onto Morning Side Drive and follow that road until it comes to a T. Turn right onto Monte Vista Drive and continue until you run into a dirt road. Turn left onto this dirt road and it will take you all the way out to Long Mountain.

Red Tape

Gila Monster
There is no red tape that I know of

Camping

Long Mountain Topography
Camping is permitted, but I would keep in mind that it is desert camping. Snakes, spiders and coyote's abound!

External Links

Add External Links text here.