Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Don Nelsen

Don Nelsen - Nov 2, 2005 1:06 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nicely done and pretty good pics too. about time this area was added to SP. This is one of my favorite destinations when in the area.

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 2, 2005 2:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page!

cjwhat

cjwhat - Nov 15, 2005 6:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Lower Table Rock is listed in the 'Cascade Volcanoes', but it is not a volcano. It is the old bed of the Rogue River which was filled by a lava flow. The lava resisted erosion and the soft banks eroded leaving the old riverbed elevated.

Also the Table Rocks species of fairy shrimp inhabit vernal pools around White City, the Medford Airport, and Josephine County. They are also found in the southern Central Valley of California.

- Cory

2skinners - Nov 17, 2005 3:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Corrections have been made. Any suggestions on what to group the Table Rocks in? Thanks for your input.

cjwhat

cjwhat - Nov 28, 2005 8:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Appreciate the fairy shrimp correction. I deal with a lot of construction out in that area so necessity required that I learn more than I really want to about them.



As for 'mountain groups', that is actually a fairly recent SP development. I think a lot of mountains don't fit in the current established groups ... and a lot of mountains aren't in a group. I don't know of one that Table Rocks would currently fit in. If there was a 'Western Cascades' group it would fit that category.

- Cory

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Lower Table Rock' main page