Viewing: 1-6 of 6
EastKing

EastKing - Mar 31, 2006 10:49 pm - Hasn't voted

The cut looked bad...

but I am ok. It was a great learning lesson to bring all the equipment. I have snowshoes but didn't bring them and paid the price. I will bring the snowshoes for Mt. Washington. They make descent of any class one trail real quick and easy. On the plus side I was glad for the ice axe on this trip. I learned a lot from this shakedown climb.

tjarvela

tjarvela - Apr 9, 2006 1:49 pm - Hasn't voted

thanks.

thanks for the trip report. my friend and I did the same sequence in dec. We hiked Mansfield in training for our Washington ascent. I hope everything went well on Washington.

EastKing

EastKing - Apr 10, 2006 8:20 am - Hasn't voted

Unfortunately...

I never made Washington. Due to schedule difficulties from my work, I was forced to cover that Saturday. I was very upset about it but it was either keep my employment, or climb Mt. Washington and possibly lose my chance to go out to Washington State.

Note: If they try to do the same with my August trip to Mount Baker and Mount Daniel it will "See you later".

Jerm

Jerm - May 23, 2006 6:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Don't sweat it

The Rockpile will always be there. Daniel and Baker are MUCH bigger mountains, and you'll have a great time climbing them. Baker in August should be interesting, it'll definitely be more cracked up then. The country around Daniel is awesome (you'll be able to see the crown jewel of teh central Cascades, Stuart), it'll make you wonder why you still live in ManchVegas (I used to live near there, too, now Seattle).

And if you ever find yourself on the Adams Apple again, the best way to the top is the Long Trail. It goes right up the ridge. You would have saved yourself some more postholing that way.

EastKing

EastKing - May 27, 2006 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Don't sweat it

I big plans for the Rockpile this summer. It is the summit of two planned shakedowns.

As for the Seattle trip, it was set for three purposes.
1) to finally climb glaciated mountains
2) to test the field for jobs in my field
3) to see if I would love Settle more then ManchVegas as a place to live.

I can't wait until winter 07' where I can write "Revenge of Mansfield" and "Central Gully Survivor". That is of course if I still live in New Hampshire then!

EastKing

EastKing - Jun 28, 2009 6:34 am - Hasn't voted

Fun how thing change in three years!

Now that I been in Seattle for a while I love this city. Never got back to Mansfield, but I am swinging away at Washington State Mountains. I will get back there sometime in the future. It is funny reading my own TR.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Mansfield Shakedown' main page