Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Charlie

Charlie - Feb 10, 2002 10:18 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Good route description.

Scott

Scott - Apr 18, 2004 10:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks better. I agree about the route page.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Mar 6, 2005 8:25 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Edit June 5 - Jeffrey,



Much improved - thank you for taking it on.



Suggestion: It seems to me that much of what is in the Overview would be more appropriate for a Route Page



wildstar

wildstar - Mar 26, 2005 10:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I agree with the previous comments.

zoroastr

zoroastr - Jun 3, 2005 10:12 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

I can't see anything wrong with this page. Granted, the peak is not given the treament you'd expect for a major climb, but then, McClellan's Butte is a minor bump along the I-90 freeway, NOT a Himalayan giant. The page adequately directs interested parties to the peak, gives sufficient details about the trail, and even includes some nice images. I don't go to Star Wars expecting to see Dr. Zhivago, and I don't expect the authors of short hike trip reports to bore me with excruciating details that are all out of proportion to the thing being described. Fine page.

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Jun 3, 2005 7:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This page has just been adopted by the current maintainer. Most of the comments (and votes) from below are for the state of the page by the last maintainer.

Derek Franzen

Derek Franzen - Jun 3, 2005 7:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I like the photos you've added; thanks for improving this page. You might edit the overview section (paragraphs) and include just the interesting points about the peak there (my personal preference). All in all a good page.

Jeffrey Zickert

Jeffrey Zickert - Jun 5, 2005 12:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thankyou for your support. I will visit McClellan's Butte again soon and hope to have some new pictures to post.

osatrik

osatrik - Aug 26, 2006 4:42 pm - Voted 7/10

Spring variation

During the spring and winter you can cut off the large loop to the south by going up the steep avalanche gully if you are comfortable on steep (up to 45 degree) snow and alpine ice. Makes a great spring alpine climb when the conditions are good.

Redwic

Redwic - Aug 20, 2009 12:13 am - Hasn't voted

New Page Owner

I have just adopted the McClellan Butte page. It was in desperate need of improvement, and had gone nearly four years without needed improvements (during which timeframe the trail itself even changed). The GPS coordinates were wrong, the county was missing, the driving directions were vague, and the trail description was defunct. If anyone else has any suggestions for the page, please let me know.

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'McClellan Butte' main page