MEC Ferrata Ultra Pant

MEC Ferrata Ultra Pant

Weight: 550g (32) These super tough soft shell pants are designed to excel in the mountain environment. The Schoeller® Dryskin Extreme fabric sheds steep and deep snow with ease, while the double reinforced knees and bum fend off the occasional brush with bare rock while you’re scrambling in the high alpine. The comfortable yet athletic fit offers superb mobility and minimal bulk. While not insulated, these pants provide more than adequate warmth when layered over light or midweight underwear as long as you stay on the move. Made with Schoeller Dryskin Extreme fabric – a blend of 80% nylon for superb abrasion resistance, 10% spandex for stretch, and 10% polyester for moisture wicking. Two hand pockets and one small thigh pocket. Drawcord around ankle hem. Belt loops and full fly. Made in Canada, fabric from Switzerland.
Poor Climber
on Sep 9, 2006 6:51 pm
Image ID: 224321

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Poor Climber

Poor Climber - Sep 9, 2006 7:10 pm - Hasn't voted

10 out of 10

These are my favorite pants to do 14ers in the spring and fall. This pant has kept me comfortable while climbing in temperatures from 20F to 60F, and it is mildly wind resistent. It also has plenty of stretch so you dont feel restricted while climbing. But the best part of all, is that the pants have a belt and a fly.

Pros.
~ Belt and fly.
~ Excelent stretch.
~ Wind resistent.
~ Renforced knees and seat.

Cons
~ Not enough belt loops

In short, I think these pants are worth becoming a member of MEC. :-p

Fury

Fury - Sep 12, 2006 2:07 am - Hasn't voted

Agreed!

These are my favorite pants! I haved used them for mountaineering, rock climbing in cool weather and cross country skiing. If you add a base layer you can wear them is quite cold conditions. The fabric will shed snow well and light rain too. I have XC skied with them at least -20 C. I also have the jacket. It is a good product too.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2