Viewing: 1-8 of 8
imontop

imontop - Jun 16, 2009 12:48 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent page!

Great write up! The Wellsvilles are a diamond in the rough! I climbed The Cone last summer and loved it. I've never been to Mendon Peak, but I have been to the saddle at the top of Deep Canyon when I was 12. I'll never forget that. Great pictures too. I'll vote on them as soon as I have some time. They're all 10's anyway!

D-bo

D-bo - Jun 16, 2009 1:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page!

Thanks a lot. I also had a blast up there. I need to do Box Elder now.

imontop

imontop - Jun 16, 2009 11:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Excellent page!

I was thinking that it would be a great day to come up Deep Canyon and stroll across the ridge, bagging all the peaks, then coming down the south face of Box Elder to the parking area in Sardine Canyon. It would be a very long day though. The top of the Cone is nice and flat with some trees, so it might make a great place to camp. Again, great page.

D-bo

D-bo - Jun 17, 2009 12:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page!

After all the work from ascending the canyon, the ridge traverse was a blast. You can move pretty fast up there and the views make you feel like king of the world.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jun 16, 2009 9:36 am - Voted 10/10

Nicely done

One of the best pages I've seen in a while. Thanks for putting in all the effort; it shows.

D-bo

D-bo - Jun 17, 2009 12:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nicely done

Effort is all worth it when you do something you love to do. Thanks for the comment. Happy climbing this year!

Dean

Dean - Jun 19, 2009 8:27 am - Voted 10/10

Front page quality

This one deserves to be on SP's front page. Just such a well done page.

D-bo

D-bo - Jun 19, 2009 3:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Front page quality

Too nice... Thanks Dean.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mendon Peak (UT)' main page