Viewing: 1-12 of 12
T Sharp

T Sharp - Jan 17, 2007 6:46 am - Voted 10/10

Vernon

This is a spectacular effort, the writing, and the photos, come together so well as to make another coffee table book for my computer.
Sincere Thanks;
Tim

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 19, 2007 1:29 am - Voted 10/10

Fabulous!

It's contributions such as this that make SP the greatest mountaineering site on the planet. My thanks to Vernon and his fellow Montanan contributors for this and all of their eforts on SP. When looking for beta on Montana's awesome mountains, folks need look no further than SP's own authority on the subject, saintgrizz! As usual, well written, and thoughtfully presented. Montana has come from nowhere to definite presence on the web thanks to your top notch contributions. My thanks to you and your fellow Montana SP members for making Montana's mountains shine so brightly on SP. If it never snowed in Montana, I'd move there when I retired, thanks to pages like this. But alas, it does snow in Montana. A lot. But it's nice to see these mountains on SP. Sweet dreams are made of these!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jan 19, 2007 6:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fabulous!

Thanks so much for the nice comments, Aaron. I also have noticed that we are fortunate in the high percent of quality contributions coming from Montana. It's a (very) nice state, and a (very) good group of people! That means we're doubly blessed here.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Jan 19, 2007 11:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Congrats

I saw on the forum that it's finally done! Beautiful page! But how dare you not prominently show your beautiful signature image of Gray Wolf? It's only one of the nicest, and most inspiring, pictures I've seen on SP!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Jan 20, 2007 12:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Congrats

Thanks for the comments, Bob! I like the Gray Wolf pic you're referring to, as well; just thought that this time I'd use something else--the page isn't, of course, set in stone, and I plan on moving things around as more photos become available; maybe I'll give it higher priority at a future date.

mtclimber

mtclimber - Feb 9, 2007 7:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!

Vernon, I don't know how I missed this page before, but what a wonderful time I had this afternoon reading through it after I came across it. What a great tribute to my favorite set of mountains. A tremendous effort and the perfect cure for my cabin fever, winter blues!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Feb 10, 2007 1:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Glad you enjoyed it! Those mountains do indeed grow on you--they are magnificent! Thanks for the compliment.

tlasalle - Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am - Voted 10/10

Great country

Have been visiting that area for the last 25+ years. Fantastic photos! I've been debating writing a book on fishing the Mission Lakes and would appreciate any input you'd have on some of the lesser known lakes. I've been to about 20+ on both sides of the divide, but would like some more info on the smaller, harder to reach ones before lacing up the boots for a all day field march to barren waters. Thanks and keep up with the great pics!

Seattle Horn

Seattle Horn - May 4, 2007 12:12 am - Hasn't voted

Fantastic

Vernon,

Your pictures of the Mission are incredible. Awesome work on this page. I remember seeing these mountains from HWY 93 on my way home to WA from GNP. They looked spectacular and I put them in the back of my mind for a trip one day. After reading your page,they are now very high on my wishlist. All of your Montana pictures are stunning.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Apr 25, 2008 5:51 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful!

What a beautiful and unique mountain range! I saw the Mission Mountains once while on a family vacation and I was quite impressed with them. I wished I could have got out of the car right then and into the mountains. Excellent work on the page!

pyerger

pyerger - Jul 13, 2011 1:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Mission paradise

Thanks so much for your work, and photos on this page. I have done Gray wolf several times, and agree,the Missions are one of the most special places in Montana, if not,the country( kinda home sick for Montana)

FlatheadNative

FlatheadNative - Jul 13, 2011 6:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Mission paradise

Unfortunately Vernon will not be able to read this comment. He passed away this spring. He loved Montana and all of us grieve his loss. We are doing some memorial climbs in the Missions as well as glacier this summer.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Mission Range, MT' main page