T SharpVernon

T Sharp

This is a spectacular effort, the writing, and the photos, come together so well as to make another coffee table book for my computer.
Sincere Thanks;
Tim
Posted Jan 17, 2007 6:46 am

Aaron JohnsonFabulous!

Aaron Johnson

It's contributions such as this that make SP the greatest mountaineering site on the planet. My thanks to Vernon and his fellow Montanan contributors for this and all of their eforts on SP. When looking for beta on Montana's awesome mountains, folks need look no further than SP's own authority on the subject, saintgrizz! As usual, well written, and thoughtfully presented. Montana has come from nowhere to definite presence on the web thanks to your top notch contributions. My thanks to you and your fellow Montana SP members for making Montana's mountains shine so brightly on SP. If it never snowed in Montana, I'd move there when I retired, thanks to pages like this. But alas, it does snow in Montana. A lot. But it's nice to see these mountains on SP. Sweet dreams are made of these!
Posted Jan 19, 2007 1:29 am

SaintgrizzlyRe: Fabulous!

Saintgrizzly

Thanks so much for the nice comments, Aaron. I also have noticed that we are fortunate in the high percent of quality contributions coming from Montana. It's a (very) nice state, and a (very) good group of people! That means we're doubly blessed here.
Posted Jan 19, 2007 6:10 pm

Bob SihlerCongrats

Bob Sihler

I saw on the forum that it's finally done! Beautiful page! But how dare you not prominently show your beautiful signature image of Gray Wolf? It's only one of the nicest, and most inspiring, pictures I've seen on SP!
Posted Jan 19, 2007 11:58 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: Congrats

Saintgrizzly

Thanks for the comments, Bob! I like the Gray Wolf pic you're referring to, as well; just thought that this time I'd use something else--the page isn't, of course, set in stone, and I plan on moving things around as more photos become available; maybe I'll give it higher priority at a future date.
Posted Jan 20, 2007 12:35 am

mtclimberWow!

mtclimber

Vernon, I don't know how I missed this page before, but what a wonderful time I had this afternoon reading through it after I came across it. What a great tribute to my favorite set of mountains. A tremendous effort and the perfect cure for my cabin fever, winter blues!
Posted Feb 9, 2007 7:50 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: Wow!

Saintgrizzly

Glad you enjoyed it! Those mountains do indeed grow on you--they are magnificent! Thanks for the compliment.
Posted Feb 10, 2007 1:13 am

tlasalleGreat country

Have been visiting that area for the last 25+ years. Fantastic photos! I've been debating writing a book on fishing the Mission Lakes and would appreciate any input you'd have on some of the lesser known lakes. I've been to about 20+ on both sides of the divide, but would like some more info on the smaller, harder to reach ones before lacing up the boots for a all day field march to barren waters. Thanks and keep up with the great pics!
Posted Apr 17, 2007 2:06 am

Seattle HornFantastic

Seattle Horn

Vernon,

Your pictures of the Mission are incredible. Awesome work on this page. I remember seeing these mountains from HWY 93 on my way home to WA from GNP. They looked spectacular and I put them in the back of my mind for a trip one day. After reading your page,they are now very high on my wishlist. All of your Montana pictures are stunning.
Posted May 4, 2007 12:12 am

mtybumpoBeautiful!

mtybumpo

What a beautiful and unique mountain range! I saw the Mission Mountains once while on a family vacation and I was quite impressed with them. I wished I could have got out of the car right then and into the mountains. Excellent work on the page!
Posted Apr 25, 2008 5:51 pm

pyergerMission paradise

pyerger

Thanks so much for your work, and photos on this page. I have done Gray wolf several times, and agree,the Missions are one of the most special places in Montana, if not,the country( kinda home sick for Montana)
Posted Jul 13, 2011 1:21 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Mission paradise

FlatheadNative

Unfortunately Vernon will not be able to read this comment. He passed away this spring. He loved Montana and all of us grieve his loss. We are doing some memorial climbs in the Missions as well as glacier this summer.
Posted Jul 13, 2011 6:40 pm