Monédières Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
desainme

desainme - Jan 4, 2004 12:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the upgrade. Not very mountainous compared to Alps but still kinda interesting.

desainme

desainme - Jan 1, 2004 7:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for stopping by and voting. Never been there but my folks enjoyed it.

Huberschwiller

Huberschwiller - Jan 4, 2004 2:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thank you for your contribution.

About the location of Les Monédières (notice the precise orthograph in french with é and è), they are in the département Corrèze and belong to the region Limouzin (and not Périgord). Further, you wrote Mont Doré but it is Mont Dore (without ').

4 stars nevertheless for your page about this likeable french region. I am not sure that the region of Les Monédières is described in the proposed book I added another book including the Limouzin region.

Here a link with photos Les Monédières.

Best wishes for 2004 from France !

Jean-Louis

desainme

desainme - Jan 5, 2004 1:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Jean-Louis, Thank you for your corrections to this page. I have a Hachette guide to France but mostly I rely on a large travel/cookbook by Samuel Chamberlain that my parents often used. Alas, Chamberlain has no chapter on Limousin, since as he explains, it is not a true gastronomic province! My father's cousin wanted to retire from Paris and not back to Chateu-Thierry. My parents suggested Treignac to her as an altenative and that has worked for her.



Mark

William Marler

William Marler - Mar 7, 2005 10:17 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting history. Cheers William

Dean

Dean - Dec 7, 2006 5:09 pm - Voted 10/10

broken link

Just a head's up to note that the link to the map is not working.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Monédières' main page