Monk

Monk

Monk in Hemis monastery
Sajama
on Mar 9, 2006 6:53 am
Image ID: 179642

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Apr 24, 2006 2:31 pm - Voted 10/10

Very interesting photo!

Ladakh and Queen Valley (http://www.eastalps.com/scholaweb/queenvalley-e.htm) where I live have the calture jointly. Your photo show me this fact. By the way, do you know what is the sculpture on the capital of the column? Is it a kind of bird or dragon? If you know, please inform me. A lot of thanks for sharing nice photo!

Sajama

Sajama - Apr 25, 2006 8:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting photo!

The first, thanks a lot for your time, I'm very glad for your visit.
The second: It seems a dragon, but i don´t remember i´ve seen others similars. I ask myself: Can be a representation of the "god" or "demon" ( I know this is occidental words to try describe them) Vajrabhairava?

Kind regards, Kenzo.

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Apr 25, 2006 8:46 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Very interesting photo!

Many thanks for reply. I think that the sculpture on the capital of the column is a kind of the bird which is called "Qiong" in the Queen Valley. It is a messenger of a god. But not sure.
Regard

Sajama

Sajama - Apr 25, 2006 9:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very interesting photo!

I´ve seen your web. With all my respect for the wonders you share in SP, I think your work in the web is symply incredible. The portraits, constructions...make me travel with the mind to this wild landscape with his ancient traditions bons and buddhist.
Cheers.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4