Montaña de Guardilama Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
MikeLJ

MikeLJ - Dec 20, 2023 8:54 am Date Climbed: Dec 9, 2023

Beautiful views  Sucess!

Followed the GR 131 from Montana Blanca to Yaiza. On the way, we detoured up Guardilama. Had the summit to ourselves with fantastic views over just about all of the island. Wonderful!

Lodewijk

Lodewijk - Sep 28, 2017 4:58 am Date Climbed: Sep 17, 2017

Afternoon climb  Sucess!

Late in the afternoon I decided to leave the hotel for a quick ascent. Gangolf's page made me decide to climb Guardilama. I drove up from Puerto Calero almost to the saddle east of the volcano (over a dirt road through the vineyards.) I speeded up the E-NE ridge and arrived on the summit at about 6PM. All alone on the summit and great views in all directions. Indeed one of the best lookout points on the island of Lanzarote. Back just in time for a nice dinner with my girlfriend in Puerto Calero.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 2, 2016 2:05 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2015

Number One  Sucess!

Climbed Montana de Guardilama, Caldera de Gaima, Montana de Tinasoria and Montana Blanca on that day. Lots of good views towards the Montanas del Fuego and also some interesting views across the chequerboard vineyards of La Geria.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - May 2, 2010 6:01 am Date Climbed: Dec 23, 2008

Afterthought  Sucess!

Climbed as an afterthought after a guided tour through the Montanas del Fuego. The ranger suggested Guardilama and we climbed it in a couple of hours in the afternoon. Wonderful views of the Lanzarote vineyards.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Montaña de Guardilama' main page