Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Old School WB

Old School WB - Sep 4, 2012 2:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Magnificent page!

I always admire the amount of tall mountains in the American Rockies. Up there in Canada, our Rockies (49th parallel to the Yukon) only have four 12,000’ers. They are a very cool bunch of peaks though; Robson, Columbia, North Twin and Clemenceau.

I really like Montana, sort of like Canada’s 11th province ;-)

Not recently, but in the distance past I have backpacked a lot in northern Montana and have ascended a handful of minor peaks. Thanks Matt, this very well written and magnificent article is reminding me of the excellent wilderness climbing close to home, probably only a little further than Jasper.

Keep these great pages coming!

Cheers

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Sep 4, 2012 5:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Magnificent page!

Thanks so much for the nice comments. Like you, I have always admired the Canadian Rockies. Elevation doesn't mean much when referring to fantastic mountains in my opinion and the mountains around Banff and Jasper are among the top of my list to visit and climb. I hope to have a trip to there next summer.

Old School WB

Old School WB - Sep 4, 2012 6:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Magnificent page!

Matt

Let me know closer to the date when you are heading up. Maybe we can hook up for a summit or two.

Cheers

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Montana 12,000 foot peaks' main page