Monte Cristo's summit.

Monte Cristo's summit.

This one was taken from the summit of Mt. Superior looking west at the summit of Monte Cristo. Notice the evidence of shell impact in the center of the photo, likely from UDOT's avalanche control team recently. 3-15-2012.
Wasatch Summits
on Mar 16, 2012 10:11 am
Image ID: 781326

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
TyeDyeTwins

TyeDyeTwins - Mar 17, 2012 1:16 am - Voted 10/10

Beautiful.......

That is a UDOT shot alright! That path has reached the road about 8 times...Two years ago the path got with feet of the LCC highway. That view never gets old...thanks for posting.

P.S. Wonder if that bomb was responsible for the zig zag looking avalanche crown in the forground?

Wasatch Summits

Wasatch Summits - Mar 17, 2012 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Beautiful.......

Thanks, that ridge up there is something else. I didn't notice that crown until you mentioned it, then looking at the picture realized it was there. Those cornices are small though there were several sections where they are starting to separate from the ridge. A couple of these were obvious, then others where I planted my feet into them and dropped down a bit... I've gotta be more careful not getting too far out on those things.

I'm hoping we get more snow, a lot more. This year has been something else for the snow pack. If the current trend keeps up the high country will be dry by early June likely.

Here's a video while up there.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2