Mornig glory

Mornig glory

4e day hiking in Sarek, what can I say. The weather was horrible and beautifull. The sun shining on the mountain with the dark rainclouds overhead. And even worse weather in the distance... Wanted to capture the mountain goiong into the cloud, together with the blue sky in the background. The slope on this picture is still over an hour walking away. Difficult to see proportions in this landscape.. I was lucky with the new, white snow on the mountain, wich is such a nice contrast with the dark blue sky and the dark foreground. In Sander's hiking guide ‘Trekking in Zweden’ from the Adventure series of Dominicus, you can find the most beautiful hiking area’s of Sweden. 12 daytrips and 15 multi-day trips are described. With popular hikes as Kungsleden or hikes in Jämtland, but also less know area’s as Sarek and Padjelanta. Check sandervanderwerf.nl for more information or photo's.
Mister White
on Apr 6, 2006 8:44 pm
Image ID: 186417

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Apr 7, 2006 3:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Special...

Special place, special picture, special mood!!!
Nice photo!!!
Cheers!
Romek

Den Arkin Smith

Den Arkin Smith - Jan 10, 2007 1:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Not bad!!!

I can imagine this picture easily in a widescreen movie! I suppose distances there were much greater than we feel it at first sight.
Beautiful shot!

Den

Viewing: 1-2 of 2