Mount Aeneas Comments

Bob SihlerCool

Bob Sihler

It's about time we have something here from the Jewel Basin area. I haven't been there yet and am glad to see some photos and information about it.
Posted May 31, 2008 10:33 am

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Thanks again Bob. I absolutely love that area and am looking at Mount Aeneas as I type this response. It has changed a lot with more people getting up there compared to when I was a kid but the views are still spectacular. There are lots of cool features there. Perhaps I will be able to add some more peaks/information/photos this summer. I am thinking perhaps Crater Mountain, Columbia and Teakettle will be the next on the list.
Posted May 31, 2008 10:53 am

Bob SihlerRe: Cool

Bob Sihler

That would be great. I'd actually been considering climbs of Crater and Three Eagles, but they no longer fit my itinerary.
Posted May 31, 2008 11:50 am

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Those are just day climbs for me. I will look at 3 Eagles as well.
Posted May 31, 2008 2:08 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: Cool

Saintgrizzly

Hey Blake, I just did Columbia about three weeks ago; as you might expect, wonderful summit views of nearby Great Northern, plus southern GNP (Stimson and St. Nick are really put into a nice landscape!), and of course, views of the Swan Range running south, and the Flathead Valley. The problem with the mountain is that of the access trail, which was re-routed within the past ten years or so due to private property issues. The re-routing changed an approximate 4,200' elevation-gain climb into one around 5,500'--including a fun 800 or 900 foot climb on the way OUT, for crying out loud! Lots of snow work, of course, when we did it, and I got some photos of the above-mentioned mountains, but probably not enough to put up a page. If you do Columbia, then decide to put up a page, I'll have a few to add, which might help.

Vernon
Posted Jun 1, 2008 2:08 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Great thanks Vernon.
Posted Jun 1, 2008 3:33 pm

samhBackcountry Skiing

samh

Great page for a great area. Consider adding some backcountry skiing information as this is huge in the area.
Posted Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Backcountry Skiing

FlatheadNative

I am not really into that but if you would like to put something together I could add it and give you credit.
Posted Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm