Mount Aeneas Comments

Bob SihlerCool

Bob Sihler

It's about time we have something here from the Jewel Basin area. I haven't been there yet and am glad to see some photos and information about it.
Posted May 31, 2008 10:33 am

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Thanks again Bob. I absolutely love that area and am looking at Mount Aeneas as I type this response. It has changed a lot with more people getting up there compared to when I was a kid but the views are still spectacular. There are lots of cool features there. Perhaps I will be able to add some more peaks/information/photos this summer. I am thinking perhaps Crater Mountain, Columbia and Teakettle will be the next on the list.
Posted May 31, 2008 10:53 am

Bob SihlerRe: Cool

Bob Sihler

That would be great. I'd actually been considering climbs of Crater and Three Eagles, but they no longer fit my itinerary.
Posted May 31, 2008 11:50 am

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Those are just day climbs for me. I will look at 3 Eagles as well.
Posted May 31, 2008 2:08 pm

SaintgrizzlyRe: Cool

Saintgrizzly

Hey Blake, I just did Columbia about three weeks ago; as you might expect, wonderful summit views of nearby Great Northern, plus southern GNP (Stimson and St. Nick are really put into a nice landscape!), and of course, views of the Swan Range running south, and the Flathead Valley. The problem with the mountain is that of the access trail, which was re-routed within the past ten years or so due to private property issues. The re-routing changed an approximate 4,200' elevation-gain climb into one around 5,500'--including a fun 800 or 900 foot climb on the way OUT, for crying out loud! Lots of snow work, of course, when we did it, and I got some photos of the above-mentioned mountains, but probably not enough to put up a page. If you do Columbia, then decide to put up a page, I'll have a few to add, which might help.

Vernon
Posted Jun 1, 2008 2:08 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Cool

FlatheadNative

Great thanks Vernon.
Posted Jun 1, 2008 3:33 pm

samhBackcountry Skiing

samh

Great page for a great area. Consider adding some backcountry skiing information as this is huge in the area.
Posted Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm

FlatheadNativeRe: Backcountry Skiing

FlatheadNative

I am not really into that but if you would like to put something together I could add it and give you credit.
Posted Jul 29, 2008 5:47 pm

samhRe: Backcountry Skiing

samh

My knowledge of Flathead BC skiing is all in the Canyon Creek and Middle Fork drainages so I'd best leave that info to be added for when someone else can do it proper. Thanks for the offer though.
Posted Aug 1, 2008 3:09 pm