Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Sep 10, 2004 3:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good stuff......

JonBradford

JonBradford - Sep 10, 2004 5:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Allan,

Thanks much for the vote. This page was created in an attempt to distract myself from the major dental work I had done today... I hope the vicodan and pain didn't make it unreadable.

Jon

desainme

desainme - Sep 10, 2004 6:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good vistas of the Elks. I really enjoyed the pix of one of the Maroons. Nice color variety

Mark

Kane

Kane - Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page and another great addition to the Raggeds Range. Jon, these are your best photos to date, have you discovered the polarizer filter?

Kane

Kane - Sep 10, 2004 9:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yea, I use one but only in the high afternoon hours from 11-2. Its easy to get addicted to the brilliant colors and haze-less skies when you use that thing. But, for the most part you can't use it in the early hours or late hours for it drops exposure at least one full stop. Makes it easy to under expose shots. Plus it can be a pain in the ass to remove it and put it back on over and over. Shooting one in snow can be tough as well. They can be fun to play with during the evening hours with the sunsets as well. I use a Quantaray. You might need to find an adaptor for your camera first, then go find a filter that fits you adaptor.

JonBradford

JonBradford - Sep 11, 2004 4:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Kane,

Thank you much for the vote. I am glad you like the photo. In answer to your comment on the circular polarizer question the answer is sadly no. As long as I am shooting with my little cannon point and shoot I don't think I can use a polarizer, although I do use on with my film SLR. I think the quality of these photos is largely just a result of cooperative lighting.



I enjoyed my time at Paradise last July. Indeed I am anxious to go back and climb Treasure Mountain, Cinamon Mountain, and Purple Mountain... and maybe some of the obscure twelvers west of Purple Mountain.



Anyway I mean to email you about a fall climb sometime soon. I just had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday so I am a bit loopy currently. That is why I was toiling away on the Baldy Page in the middle of the day on friday... hopped up on vicoden. The doctor said it should be ok for me to go to altitude so tomorow I may try Demming Mountain, West Demming Mountain, Buffalo Mountain, or Eccles Peak... or some combination of them.



Cheers,

Jon

hgrapid

hgrapid - Sep 10, 2004 8:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Since I assume routes are coming...Going to be 5 stars? What great photos, truly spectacular! What kind of camera did you use?

JonBradford

JonBradford - Sep 11, 2004 4:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Barry,

Thanks for the vote on the Mount Baldy Page. I worked on it yesterday while recovering from having a wisdom tooth pulled so it was kind of a cathartic exercise of distraction. Glad you like it though.

Jon

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Sep 10, 2004 10:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great job! I was thinking about adding this peak from my trip this july, but you've done way better than anything my photos could have attempted! Great job with your amazing photos and wonderful information! Thanks for adding this one and you have a great weekend!

-Britt

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Sep 12, 2004 8:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, beautiful photos.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Sep 14, 2004 1:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautifully written (check text for typos, errors and Treasury!) and awesome photos.

RyanS

RyanS - Sep 15, 2004 2:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

As always, well done!

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Oct 3, 2004 2:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent Page! Well-written; awesome pics!

JonBradford

JonBradford - Oct 5, 2004 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Brad,

Thanks for the vote and compliments.

Jon

JustinShapiro

JustinShapiro - Oct 2, 2009 12:50 am - Voted 10/10

wow

Beautiful mountain I've got to say...

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Return to 'Mount Baldy (Elk Range)' main page