Alan EllisUntitled Comment

Alan Ellis

Good stuff......
Posted Sep 10, 2004 3:28 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Allan,

Thanks much for the vote. This page was created in an attempt to distract myself from the major dental work I had done today... I hope the vicodan and pain didn't make it unreadable.

Jon
Posted Sep 10, 2004 5:36 pm

desainmeUntitled Comment

desainme

Good vistas of the Elks. I really enjoyed the pix of one of the Maroons. Nice color variety

Mark
Posted Sep 10, 2004 6:59 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Excellent page and another great addition to the Raggeds Range. Jon, these are your best photos to date, have you discovered the polarizer filter?
Posted Sep 10, 2004 7:08 pm

KaneUntitled Comment

Kane

Yea, I use one but only in the high afternoon hours from 11-2. Its easy to get addicted to the brilliant colors and haze-less skies when you use that thing. But, for the most part you can't use it in the early hours or late hours for it drops exposure at least one full stop. Makes it easy to under expose shots. Plus it can be a pain in the ass to remove it and put it back on over and over. Shooting one in snow can be tough as well. They can be fun to play with during the evening hours with the sunsets as well. I use a Quantaray. You might need to find an adaptor for your camera first, then go find a filter that fits you adaptor.
Posted Sep 10, 2004 9:10 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Kane,

Thank you much for the vote. I am glad you like the photo. In answer to your comment on the circular polarizer question the answer is sadly no. As long as I am shooting with my little cannon point and shoot I don't think I can use a polarizer, although I do use on with my film SLR. I think the quality of these photos is largely just a result of cooperative lighting.

I enjoyed my time at Paradise last July. Indeed I am anxious to go back and climb Treasure Mountain, Cinamon Mountain, and Purple Mountain... and maybe some of the obscure twelvers west of Purple Mountain.

Anyway I mean to email you about a fall climb sometime soon. I just had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday so I am a bit loopy currently. That is why I was toiling away on the Baldy Page in the middle of the day on friday... hopped up on vicoden. The doctor said it should be ok for me to go to altitude so tomorow I may try Demming Mountain, West Demming Mountain, Buffalo Mountain, or Eccles Peak... or some combination of them.

Cheers,

Jon
Posted Sep 11, 2004 4:52 pm

hgrapidUntitled Comment

hgrapid

Since I assume routes are coming...Going to be 5 stars? What great photos, truly spectacular! What kind of camera did you use?
Posted Sep 10, 2004 8:29 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Barry,

Thanks for the vote on the Mount Baldy Page. I worked on it yesterday while recovering from having a wisdom tooth pulled so it was kind of a cathartic exercise of distraction. Glad you like it though.

Jon
Posted Sep 11, 2004 4:54 pm

mtwashingtonmonroeUntitled Comment

mtwashingtonmonroe

Great job! I was thinking about adding this peak from my trip this july, but you've done way better than anything my photos could have attempted! Great job with your amazing photos and wonderful information! Thanks for adding this one and you have a great weekend!

-Britt
Posted Sep 10, 2004 10:08 pm

The Lower MarmotUntitled Comment

The Lower Marmot

Great page, beautiful photos.
Posted Sep 12, 2004 8:43 pm

Aaron JohnsonUntitled Comment

Aaron Johnson

Beautifully written (check text for typos, errors and Treasury!) and awesome photos.
Posted Sep 14, 2004 1:29 am

RyanSUntitled Comment

RyanS

As always, well done!
Posted Sep 15, 2004 2:32 pm

Brad SniderUntitled Comment

Brad Snider

Excellent Page! Well-written; awesome pics!
Posted Oct 3, 2004 2:32 pm

JonBradfordUntitled Comment

JonBradford

Brad,

Thanks for the vote and compliments.

Jon
Posted Oct 5, 2004 8:22 pm

JustinShapirowow

JustinShapiro

Beautiful mountain I've got to say...
Posted Oct 2, 2009 12:50 am