Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mrh

mrh - Jan 25, 2007 4:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Page

I've always been interested in this peak from the first time I saw it. Nice to see it on SP.

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Jan 26, 2007 12:35 am - Voted 10/10

About Time

...this mountain was on SP. I've driven by it twice now and was held in awe both times. This is a spectacular mountain and it's obviously well represented here. Looks like a fun challenge. Somehow I doubt it can be done in a day. Thanks for adding this awesome and unforgettable mountain to SP.

Dottie Little Tent

Dottie Little Tent - Jan 26, 2007 4:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page

This page will inspire me to leave the great fishing at Summit Lake and make a bid for the peak.

andrewmayer - Sep 14, 2014 1:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Calowahcan Traverse

From eagle pass, a faint trail leads up towards the S summit. stay W of the gendarmes and don't gain the ridge proper as you'll likely get cliffed out. favor E side of the S summit the last couple hundred vertical. To traverse to the middle and N summits, the lower you drop on the E side, the easier the climbing. word of warning on the middle summit - the chimney on the E side mentioned in the old Caffrey guidebook felt like stout 4th class with about 2 moves of low 5th class to surmount the chockstone. easier way that i found on my way down is the eastern edge of the S ridge. overall a great way to hit all 3 summits if you enjoy route-finding challenges on loose 3rd class and solid 4th class rock. this route could also be combined with the NW ridge route of the N summit to make a big loop. enjoy!

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Sep 15, 2014 8:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Calowahcan Traverse

Since you have so much detail, how about adding a route page complete with photos etc.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Calowahcan' main page