Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Scott

Scott - Oct 11, 2007 9:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Minor correction

Nice page so far.

Minor correction:

Should be Alberta Canada rather than Alaska Canada.

vanman798

vanman798 - Oct 11, 2007 9:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Minor correction

Whoops! Not sure how that got accidently clicked. Thx for pointing it out.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Oct 12, 2007 1:08 am - Voted 10/10

Nice page...

...a couple things:

I'd certainly recommend attaching it to the Waterton Lakes N.P. page.

In the weather section, you may also be interested in noting that Waterton is officially the windiest area in all of Canada. I'm not sure where the measurements are taken, but this is what the Park Service told us when we were there in early September.

It's interesting to note that Waterton (and Glacier N.P.) get more snow than both Banff & Jasper National Parks. The difference in glaciation (in GNP—Waterton has no glaciers) is mostly a result of higher elevation in the latter two areas.

And I guess you noticed that in your quote at the bottom of the page, the elevation listed for Mt. Cleveland is incorrect--I'm assuming you were merely quoting, and the original source got it wrong.

Nice to see some Waterton Park Mountain pages go up!

vanman798

vanman798 - Oct 14, 2007 1:13 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice page...

Yes, that evelation is part of the quote (but I commented on it now), thanks for the idea. I do mention that Wateron gets ample snow (I'm not surprised it gets more than Banff and Jasper as it is warmer), and that the wind is something visitors should be a aware of.

As for the windiest area, I've never heard that, but a quick search on the Internet has Pincher Creek, Alberta claiming that honor, and Pincher is really close to Wateron (close enough that maybe the Park Warden felt justified claming that "honor" for Waterton). Personally, I would have guessed that honor to go to Lethbridge.

I've attached it as a child to the Waterton page. Thanks for that great suggestion.

Thanks again for your suggestions and information!

BeDrinkable

BeDrinkable - Oct 16, 2007 12:11 pm - Voted 10/10

great page ...

... for a beautiful area. Lots of good information there.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Crandell' main page