Mount Equinox Comments

hgrapidFirst page

hgrapid

This is your first page, so you should probably look at other Vermont pages to try and measure up. Good start, but incomplete. Look at Camels Hump as an example of a good page.
Posted Dec 26, 2007 5:07 pm

OakafeeRe: First page

thanks for the feedback...I really don't know how things work here yet, so I appreciate the advice
Posted Dec 27, 2007 7:31 pm

surgentFriendly suggestions...

surgent

Consider adding in some more detail about the approach, the hike and other interesting aspects. Even though the peak has few hiking logistics, the toll road presents the most 'challenge' to the visit. I'd include things like hours, rates, the steepeness of the road, how far to drive. INclude some narrative - what you did when you were there. My wife and I were there in 2006 (see http://www.surgent.net/highpoints/vt/vt.html) and enjoyed it a lot. You have a good start.
Posted Dec 28, 2007 2:18 pm

rasgoatyeah man,

rasgoat

take a look at some other good contributions from more seasoned members for ideas to improve your page. I have wanted to put up a page for this very mountain but have not yet had the chance to climb it! if you need any help with your page pm me!

Ralph
Posted Dec 29, 2007 9:56 pm

nartrebelevation?

nartreb

All the maps put the summit above the 3840' contour. The 100 highest list gives a 3850' estimate, some sources (e.g. peakbagger) give a more conservative 3840' minimum height.
Posted Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm

OakafeeRe: elevation?

thanks, I don't even remember where I got the 3816 number, so I just changed it. I went with 3840.
Posted Oct 15, 2010 12:43 pm

PaulRomanoTwo suggestions

PaulRomano

It would be good to mention the new visitor's center on top. Also, right now you have this page listed as a child of Green Mountains -- this is not geographically correct as Equinox is really part of the Taconic Range.
Posted Sep 1, 2013 8:33 pm

technicolorNHAnother trail option

technicolorNH

While I was near the lookout there was an old metal sign next to a fork in the trail indicating that there is another trail to the summit originating in the town of Dorset. A couple of locals with mountain bikes (who were hauling them up the mountain) told me it was more of a goat path than a maintained trail, but it definitely came out on Pine Tree Lane in the town of Dorset.
Posted Jun 23, 2014 10:36 pm