Mount Forbes Comments

Bob SihlerWow

Bob Sihler

Really need to get my ass out here again, leave the wife or negotiate some free days, use that scrambles page of yours to climb some peaks. Nothing like the Canadian Rockies, at least as far as I've seen.

Glad to see alpine pages from you again. When you were still posting Red Rocks and Zion routes in June, I was beginning to wonder if you had succumbed to the spell of the desert. I guess the heat had to chase you north eventually!
Posted Aug 10, 2010 2:25 pm

Dow WilliamsRe: Wow

Dow Williams

My heart will always be up here in the great wild north Bob....but this years weather is wearing on all of us a bit...might as well be Washington state in winter
Posted Aug 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Bob SihlerRe: Wow

Bob Sihler

I'm sorry to hear about the weather; it sounds a little like Montana last summer. It didn't keep me off the mountains, though, and it's clearly not doing that to you, either. Weather was pretty good to me this July in Wyoming and the Montana Beartooths. I even had one full day with no rain at all in the Beartooths. Only one day was a total loss. Unfortunately, that was the day we planned to climb one of the main goals of my trip and the hardest in terms of time and effort. After a miserable and steep approach that was almost all off-trail hiking, bushwhacking, and scrambling with heavy packs, we made camp about a mile from the peak and only around 1200 vertical feet below. Not to mention the bad route beta from the supposed Yellowstone-area Bible. But it snowed that night, all the next day, and into the next morning as it turned out. We decided not to mess with whiteout and wet on exposed loose terrain and just headed out. I have a score to settle next year.
Posted Aug 10, 2010 9:52 pm

cp0915Incredibly cool

cp0915

As I sit here in sweltering Las Vegas, it was a pleasure to daydream of how I could (should) be in the Canadian Rockies right now. Man...thanks for the stoke.
Posted Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Dow WilliamsRe: Incredibly cool

Dow Williams

I look forward to fall in Zion too buddy....lets get a trip or two in this fall....I love that time of year in Zion....work up some objectives for us.
Posted Aug 10, 2010 3:24 pm

EricChuExcellent!

EricChu

Great page and great photos of a great mountain! I gather though, from reading the comments above, that the weather on your side of the Atlantic has been behaving just as capriciously as here on our side...
Cheers,
Eric
Posted Aug 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Dow WilliamsRe: Excellent!

Dow Williams

thanks Eric...a bit more rain and afternoon storms than I have seen in the Canadian Rockies these past 10 years.....makes getting some bigger objectives done a bit more challenging...cheers
Posted Aug 11, 2010 10:41 pm

FuryNice!

Fury

Hey Dow,

You managed to make it out to Forbes! Good stuff. I would love to visit that area of the rockies at some point (maybe with Fury Jr. one day.....maybe he could convince you to join us!). Nice to see the shitty weather isn't holding you back too much.

Cheers
Posted Aug 12, 2010 12:44 am

Dow WilliamsRe: Nice!

Dow Williams

I am kind of a fan of Fury, Jr, whatever he says goes! thanks Colin.
Posted Aug 12, 2010 10:00 am