Mount Glenn Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8

richh - Apr 26, 2018 3:58 pm Date Climbed: Apr 20, 2018

BM not HP  Sucess!

Last year's fire allowed line-of-sight between summits. With 5X level, determined NW summit (360ft away) is 2-3ft higher than Dragoon BM. Tiny 7480 contour 1/3mi NW not a factor.

mstender

mstender - Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm Date Climbed: Nov 11, 2017

Do it now!   Sucess!

I followed the route described here by Surgent. Road 4378 was terribly rocky and eroded so I walked an extra mile. The recent Lizard Fire (June 2017) completely burned the upper slopes so that there was no more bush to whack through therefore I would suggest to do Glenn now if you are planning to climb sometime. Views from the top are great. I visited both summits.

Paul McClellan

Paul McClellan - Dec 13, 2016 11:03 am Date Climbed: Dec 7, 2016

Pleasant day, nice views  Sucess!

Took the East/Northeast Ridge as described here. Much brush near the top can be avoided by traversing to the south slightly. Visited both summits.

surgent

surgent - Oct 5, 2009 10:06 am Date Climbed: Oct 3, 2009

What Dartmouth Hiker Said  Sucess!

In good conditions this is a moderate to tough day hike mostly along open ridges but brushy and rocky enough to keep things slow... then you hit the really thick stuff at about 7,000 feet. In white-out conditions we relied on the GPS and compass to get to the top and especially on the descent. Without visual cues to guide us down, we started down two wrong ridges before the trusty compass and GPS set us straight again. The weather probably added 1.5-2 hours to our time overall. My thanks to Dartmouth Hiker for the company!

Dartmouth Hiker

Dartmouth Hiker - Oct 4, 2009 3:15 pm Date Climbed: Oct 3, 2009

Bushwhacking insanity!  Sucess!

Climbed with Scott Surgent on a day that started out undercast, ended overcast, and was mostly "cast" in the middle. The bushwhacking was among the toughest I've done, and travel past Pt. 6800' is surprisingly disorienting in the clouds. Bring map, compass and GPS if there's any chance you'll be clouded in.

oldadit

oldadit - Aug 5, 2008 12:31 am Date Climbed: Feb 18, 1996

A Coronado 12  Sucess!

This peak was on a list (of course) of the Coronado
Forest units. Bushwacked up east/NE ridge with my
trail loving wife, who kinda tolerated the brush & rocks.

PeakMule

PeakMule - May 25, 2007 7:15 pm Date Climbed: May 25, 2007

Mount Glenn  Sucess!

Parked at the trailhead on the Stronghold Canyon West trailhead of the Cochise trail (#279). Hiked up a rocky drainage to within 0.4 mi. of the summit, then bushwhacked up a steep, brushy slope to the top.

streeyyr

streeyyr - Nov 16, 2005 11:07 pm

Mount Glenn  Sucess!

A classic desert peak with some scenic rock formations. (October 1993 & January 2006)

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mount Glenn' main page