Mount Jackson Comments

KaneLarry

Kane

Did you climb Mount Jackson? Are you going to submit a route? Maybe I'm missing something.
Posted Jul 8, 2006 7:23 pm

Larry VRe: Larry

Larry V

Yes, I climbed it. I will submit a route. I'm still working on it.
Posted Jul 8, 2006 7:38 pm

Larry VRe: Larry

Larry V

Am I going too slow for you? :-) It's going too slow for me also.
Posted Jul 8, 2006 7:50 pm

KaneRe: Larry

Kane

See, I was missing something! Looking forward to the finished page, I'll check back later.
Posted Jul 8, 2006 8:23 pm

Aaron JohnsonIt's About Time

Aaron Johnson

This mountain is a great one and it has been a long time coming to SP. Thanks Larry! Looking forward to the route description, which should be great given the well-written job on the main page. Great photos too!
Posted Jul 9, 2006 2:40 pm

Brad SniderRe: It's About Time

Brad Snider

I too was wondering when this mountain would show up on SP. Great information and photos Larry!
Posted Jul 9, 2006 11:58 pm

RyanSGood job!

RyanS

Glad to see a new peak getting posted! Is it me or has the Colorado group been mostly dormant so far this season?

Jackson *just barely* missed the cut for the 100 Most Prominent peaks :) If its key saddle at the head of Cross Creek were just one contour line lower, it would be #98 on the list instead of #101.
Posted Jul 17, 2006 5:47 pm

beatnikDrooling

beatnik

I've wanted to bag this peak for years. It seems we always go too early in the year to Beaver Creek and the BC trail is too snowpacked. Last year I found an alternate route that involves a little cheating via the BC lift. I didn't have all my gear so I didn't try this peak. I love this area and visit it every year. Will be in the area next month as well. I have climbed Grouse Mountain nearby several years ago, perhaps I will add it to the website. Thanks for the information on Jackson.
Posted May 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Larry VRe: Drooling

Larry V

You are right, this is a wonderful area -- one of the best! I wish I could go back and visit it every year. If you add Grouse Mountain, I may add some of my photos.
Posted Jun 7, 2007 10:02 pm