Mount Liberty Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 57
richdoug

richdoug - Sep 26, 2023 2:59 pm Date Climbed: Sep 20, 2023

Pemi Loop  Sucess!

peak 2 of 10 during a 4 day Pemi loop backpack trip

RockOn

RockOn - Oct 11, 2020 1:25 am Date Climbed: Oct 3, 2020

Fall Colors!  Sucess!

great day for a climb

Flanders

Flanders - Dec 27, 2014 3:59 pm Date Climbed: Sep 22, 2008

great day for summits  Sucess!

Flume and Liberty on same trip; great clear September day.

sredfern

sredfern - Nov 9, 2014 7:30 am Date Climbed: Nov 1, 2014

Challenging afternoon loop   Sucess!

After bagging Cannon in the morning, I bagged Flume and Liberty together on a rainy afternoon down in the notch and snowy day on the summits. Doing the Flume Liberty loop I decided to ascend via Flume Slide and descend via Liberty Springs and it was a good choice. I climbed both of these in July as part of doing the full Pemi-Loop but I now needed to finish off an AT segment of the Liberty Springs trail so I came back and figured I re-bag both.

The flume slide trail was very hard since it was icy but the seeps had water running over the ice to make it even more treacherous. I worked hard and climbed it without traction but when I got to the ridge trail and some flat ground where I put on my microspikes for the rest of the trip and traction in the snow and ice was MUCH better. I wish I had done that before I reached the slide!

The two summits were beautiful in their fury covered in ice and snow with 25F temps and winds topping out at 28MPH that was pinging snow and sleet off my glasses.

The trail down Liberty Springs was much easier than Flume Slide. The campsite was filled with campers but I had decided to camp down in the valley anyways where the winds, snow and temps were more accommodating.

Lenny72

Lenny72 - Aug 29, 2014 12:21 am Date Climbed: Nov 19, 1995

Mount Liberty Climb  Sucess!

Did this mountain as part of the Franconia Ridge loop; an 8.9 mile trail over 6 summits, including Lafayette. Cold, icy, very windy, exhausting, but exhilarating with excellent views of the Pemigewasset Wilderness when the weather is clear.

tioga

tioga - Jun 14, 2014 8:53 am Date Climbed: Jun 9, 2014

Good Peak  Sucess!

First peak summitted while doing the section of AT from Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch with my brothers. We had stayed at Liberty Springs tentsite on Sunday night and were heading to the Franconia Ridge.

joseyinnet

joseyinnet - Mar 2, 2014 9:39 pm Date Climbed: Feb 28, 2014

Cold and clear  Sucess!

Beautiful day for hiking. Nice and crisp with gorgeous views in all directions. Really windy on top, it blew my camera off a rock while I was trying to take pictures.

rickford

rickford - Jan 4, 2014 9:20 pm Date Climbed: Jan 4, 2014

Nice Summit  Sucess!

Hiked up with my girl friend. Cold and beautiful summit.

andrew hemmerling

andrew hemmerling - Aug 11, 2013 11:05 am Date Climbed: Aug 10, 2013

Wow, Flume Slide Trail was a real pissa  Sucess!

Took the Flume Slide Trail up, it is as reported and maybe even a bit worse. Had some rain in days preceeding the hike and the trail being part brook was intense. Leaving trailhead at 5:30 gave me both Flume and Liberty with complete solitude, only saw one set of tracks on top. Met the crowds on the way down, glad I got off early before all the unprepared tourists. If you have loved ones in this world and aren't a true seasoned hiker, for their sake don't take the Flume Slide Trail, its a dangerous pissa of a climb.

omegaxx

omegaxx - Dec 11, 2012 1:36 pm Date Climbed: Mar 24, 2012

Flume-Liberty Loop  Sucess!

A beautiful summit that looked like Pride Rock with a 360 view.

ljbailey

ljbailey - Nov 16, 2012 11:52 pm

nice backpacking  Sucess!

We camped at the Liberty springs tent site on our way down. It was the only water near the ridge!

xchallenging

xchallenging - Nov 4, 2012 9:30 am

easy trail & nice weather  Sucess!

took a nap on summit, so warm

Laron

Laron - Aug 21, 2012 10:45 am

From Flume  Sucess!

Fantastic day hike traverse from Flume over to Garfield. This was peak #2.

JRaphaelson

JRaphaelson - Jun 25, 2012 11:40 am Date Climbed: Jan 7, 2012

Route Climbed: Flume Slide-Liberty Springs  Sucess!

Hiked Mt. Flume and Liberty via the loop around the two mountains. There was a ton of compacted snow already on the ground and this was tough even with crampons. But definitely worth it.

ape - Jun 21, 2012 4:43 pm Date Climbed: Aug 19, 2011

Pemi loop backpack  Sucess!

Did a Pemi Loop over 2.5 days with a couple of friends. Going counter clockwise, camped at Guyot and Garfield tent sites. Saw an awesome lightning over a town to the north storm from Garfield; got hailed on in a lightning storm on the way out on the last day. Had a bottle of Bowmore with us.

technicolorNH

technicolorNH - May 24, 2012 5:41 pm Date Climbed: May 23, 2012

First of three  Sucess!

My first summit of the day. Lincoln and Lafayette were the 2nd and 3rd. Aside from a trip up Adams in 2008, this mountain was my first 4000 footer in the Whites back in 2009. I've been up at least four times altogether.

Jofa

Jofa - Mar 31, 2012 10:11 pm Date Climbed: Mar 26, 2012

cold  Sucess!

Winter summit, c c c cold

Flattlander

Flattlander - Sep 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Awesome  Sucess!

Late November double-dip with Mt. Flume. Cold, fresh, bluebird day. I saw zero other hikers THE WHOLE TIME. Maybe my favorite day of hiking ever. Franconia is a wonderland.

RhythmicMom

RhythmicMom - Aug 7, 2011 11:48 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2011

Loved it!  Sucess!

Awesome hiking up Flume Slide, reaching Mt Flume on clear skies, just a bit hazy in the distance. Crossing on to Mt Liberty and racing to the top! Down Liberty Spring trail. Beautiful day, great views and photos, awesome mountains!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Jun 9, 2011 11:23 pm Date Climbed: Jul 5, 1974

via AT  Sucess!

all the peaks in that ridge, plus guyot

Viewing: 1-20 of 57
Return to 'Mount Liberty' main page