Mount Major Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
vleuchter

vleuchter - Aug 22, 2005 8:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I arrived at the summit in the summer of 2003. I ascended up the Main Trail and descended down the Boulder Trail. It was a beautiful day. The bugs were intense during the first few hundred feet. There was an extremely steep part of the climb. I held onto a tree growing out of a boulder to get to the next level. Don't look down! When we reached the summit, there was a rock foundation formation. The kids enjoyed resting in it while eating a few sandwiches.



Wonderful short climb...breathtaking views.



The descending trail was mostly rock and steeper than the ascending trail. As always the descent was quicker than the climb up!



Happy Climbing!

LiamCrotty

LiamCrotty - Aug 31, 2019 8:25 am - Voted 10/10

Great hike up Mount Major!

On July 2nd, a group of us hiked to the top of Mount Major in New Hampshire's Lakes Region. Hiking group included: my brothers Sean Crotty, Brendan Crotty, my two nephews and friends Marc Zdunczyk & Jeff Zdunczyk.

We had done this hike once before in 2006. And both times we were blessed with amazing views of Lake Winnipesaukee from the summit.

We hiked the orange trail up and back for a total combined distance of 3.2 miles and an elevation gain of 1,148 feet. It took us 1 hour 52 minutes going up and 1 hour 15 minutes coming down. We hiked very slowly enjoying the scenery and taking frequent breaks

This is a great hike for all athletic abilities. My 8 year old nephew breezed up this without breaking a sweat.

I made a fun little video of the hike here: https://youtu.be/sNJ3OA9RGc8

Let me know what you think!

Liam

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Mount Major' main page