Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Sep 8, 2011
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer

Add Heading Here


Getting to the trailhead from the North on I-15 take Payson exit number 252 and follow the signs to the Nebo loop road it is 24 miles to the Nebo Bench / Monument trailhead. Then at the northern end of that parking lot there is a small dirt road which you can drive on to get to the Mount Nebo North Peak Trail. The trail will then start off going west following a barbed-wire fence. It is really easy to find and follow the trail.

We started our at 5am in Salt lake and made it to the trailhead at 7am we spent about 30 minutes on top and the entire hike took 5 hours. We did not see any other people on the trail and the log at the top said that it had been about a week since anyone else had been there. I was surprised because it is a beautiful hike. Most of the descriptions of the hike say there is some class 3 hiking and there are a couple of places where you need to use your hands and some exposure so I guess that is accurate. I don't know who planned this trail but it really bummed me out when we dropped a few hundred feet in the middle of the hike. A more gradual accent with no loss of altitude would have been nice ;-)

NeboMount Nebo

NeboMount Nebo

NeboMount Nebo

neboMount Nebo

NeboMount Nebo



Comments

No comments posted yet.