Mount Rinjani National Park

Mount Rinjani National Park

Introducing Fame for its tremendous beauty and eerie isolation, Mount Rinjani is Indonesia's second highest mountain outside Irian Jaya. Although it is a dominant geographical phenomenon, its peak is rarely seen from the low lands, as it is often shrouded in cloud. The Mount Rinjani offers the adventures, awesome scenery, waterfall, rain forest, wildlife, hot spring, caves, demanding hiking, pristine lake, interesting culture and of course a volcano. Gunung Rinjani is considered by all in Lombok and Bali as sacred. it is believed that the gods properties. it s for these reasons that the trek up Rinjani is far more important than just the climb itself; it is a pilgrimage to the god and all their powers. The Rinjani Trekking Club (RTC) in conjunction with No Roads Expedition takes the groups through this wonderful National Park to the Summit, Lake and Rim of Mountain Rinjani. We are the most professionals trekking company on the Island of lombok which allow us to take you that much further to the summit of truly magnificent Mountain.
rinjaniclub
on Sep 16, 2007 9:14 pm
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 337647

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
rinjaniclub

rinjaniclub - Sep 16, 2007 9:15 pm - Hasn't voted

nice mountain

SEEING MOUNT RINJANI
Bayang; senaru and sembalun lawang, makes a good departure point for climbs to mount Rinjani, and seeing the segara anakan crater lake. sengara anakan, Rinjani's crater lake just bellow the summit, it is 2400 meters above the sea level. in the meddle of the lake rice the cone of small volcano, about 150 meters tall.
The forest in this area are part of the Mount Rinjani National Park. the 40.000 hectares reserve is inhabitated by wildlife species like wild pig. ant-eaters, monkey, deer python and leirds, including cockatoos, parrots, parakeets and kua kian birds.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1