Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Tracy

Tracy - Nov 3, 2007 12:37 am - Voted 10/10

Fun to see this one on SP!

Good page with good descriptions, Dow! - I was just wondering if it might be better filed under "canyons" rather than "mountains & rocks."

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Nov 3, 2007 5:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fun to see this one on SP!

Thanks Tracy. Those of us who get more technical with our climbing and canyoneering prefer to see canyons requiring canyoneering routes under canyons. Cedar Canyon is a rock sport climbing area. We have mountains, walls and crags merged together under the first category. Cheers.

TylerPhillips

TylerPhillips - Jan 15, 2008 7:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Respect

To the "new" route developers in Cedar Canyon. Please respect those who came before you. Bolts added to our routes that we put up in the ninties will be removed. Not only is adding bolts to old routes very POOR form it shows your complete lack of respect for the sport.

TylerPhillips

TylerPhillips - Jan 15, 2008 8:43 pm - Hasn't voted

More than Clip and Go's

I noticed that sport climbing is the only mentioned type of climbing in the canyon. NOT TRUE. There are several towers and trad lines. If you are looking for adventure beyond what a rack of QD's can do in this canyon PM me and I can give you some good "adventure beta". Climb on.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Jan 17, 2008 11:39 am - Hasn't voted

Rick Podunk

This dude we nicknamed Rick "Podunk" put some bolts back here after the fact, thought they were already cut because they were put in so poorly? Anyway, a lame wanabe "pull on aid" climber dude. Most of us trad climbers prefer Zion, Moab and Red Rocks when in this part of the country, but thanks anyway. Cool little canyon to hang out in when hot as hell, but the rock quality and canyon is nothing to write home about.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cedar Canyon Rock Climbing' main page