Viewing: 1-10 of 10
CharlesD

CharlesD - Nov 2, 2005 12:18 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Good start, Patrick, and welcome to SP. Good photos and a nice peak. However, overview is usually more of an overview of the peak, no details of your trip; why should we climb it? What makes this peak interesting in the sea of other Montana peaks? Where is this peak in the grand scheme of things? What you've got in that section so far really belongs in a trip report (link on left) or a route submission. Gear recommendations and itinerary are more appropriate there.



Great start, we need more people in MT.



Charles

patrickcross

patrickcross - Nov 2, 2005 12:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the input. I will move the route/itinerary/gear info. But I guess I do not know what more is necessary for the overview. I thought the reason to climb any mountain was because it is there, or because we are there, or because we can. But I will try to come up with a description that is not overrun with cliches or adjectives.

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 2, 2005 3:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page. I hope to see many more.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 2, 2005 11:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Patrick,

Welcome to SP--you've picked a nice mountain and area for your first submission!

(Edit: Nov 3rd--Good job on improvements! I've raised my vote accordingly.)

Still a few things, which can be added over time:

1) I think more information on road signage (i.e., what sign or marker directs you off Hwy 83, and on to Rd 79?) and mileage would be good. Some of this can, of course, be readily obtained from a state map. The Rd 79 mileage is more difficult because the trail head/parking area may not be marked on all maps.

2) Edit: 11/13/05 -- Was able to check today, and Reservation usage permits are $14 per season no matter your residency. In state or out-of-state, the price is the same.

Vernon

(...And I share your sentiments about over-romanticizing or humanizing the mountains. Thanks for your comment on East Saint Marys Peak!)

patrickcross

patrickcross - Nov 3, 2005 1:29 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback,

I am amazed at how quickly people have responded to this thing, and even the critical folks have been very positive. I would like to make photos larger as you say, but do not know how. I also have been trying to put up a signature photo, but have had problems with that and have contacted the webmaster. Thanks again for your comments, and any photo help would be appreciated

patrickcross

patrickcross - Nov 3, 2005 8:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Sick, I am a little computer-illiterate, so now I just need to get a better picture. Thanks for the help!

Charles

Charles - Nov 3, 2005 3:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

good one!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 3, 2005 1:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page!



  • Sig Pic: Biglost has it right if you are using IE - roll the mouse over the thumbnail and insert the number in the appropriate field of the edit page. If you - like me - use Mozilla then click the thumbnail for the large picture and look at the url where it says "photo_id=xxxxx"



  • Large pic: look at the FAQ, there is a section dedicated to this question. There also might be some other interesting html-tips for you...

  • patrickcross

    patrickcross - Nov 3, 2005 8:26 pm - Hasn't voted

    Untitled Comment

    Thanks for the help, I now have a sig pic and am looking for a better one. Don't expect anything soon in so far as htmls codes and the like, as I can barely work my printer, but thanks for the tips and I will get to work on those things.

    BobSmith

    BobSmith - Nov 3, 2005 10:05 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Very nice!

    Viewing: 1-10 of 10
    Return to 'Mountaineer Peak' main page