Mountaineering Literature and Guides

Italy/France/Switzerland an Others, Switzerland, Europe
Page Type Page Type: List
Sign the Climber's Log

Alpine Books and Journals

This work aims to be a simple track on the indicative Bibliography on the Alpine mountains of the Aosta Valley and the surrounding area. Then spreads to the borders with France and Switzerland, citing several historical works of this type of literature and fundamental approach to the study of the same. This does not have some claim to have reported everything to have brought all the events that have and are continuously recorded on these mountain ranges, which have more than two hundred years of History of Alpinism caused rivers of ink. Nevertheless, in our opinion, can be considered a valid indication for those who want to approach this type of reading or a simple review of many things already known and be phased into oblivion. Without noticing , because the weather is inclement with everyone. The ubiquity of books, journals and related articles increasingly targeted to specific events relating to special events sometimes leaves dismayed making us fall into something really fragmented. That is why it is useful, from time to time, back in the early days reviewing works, maybe less current and therefore annotated relations and overcome, but definitely able to provide a better overall picture together with a setting of systematic and organic certainly better. We think of the necklace C.A.I./T.C.I. "Guide of the Mountains of Italy" since 1934, the Series has the Vallot in France and the work of Marcel Kurz in Switzerland. These monumental works are certainly added Newsletters and Magazines respective National Alpine Club, as the magazine of C.A.I. in Italy or the historic "Lo Scarpone", later incorporated by the same entity. These works must be added other historical and fundamental for the understanding of alpinism in its slow but steady evolution. Countless small and large jobs that have played a fundamental work in the research and dissemination of knowledge, and often were fundamental in helping to draft the first, although the most popular and widely disseminated.
 
 
Questo lavoro vuole essere una semplice traccia indicativa sulla Bibliografia Alpina concernente le montagne della Valle di Aosta e dintorni. Quindi si allarga ai confini con la Francia e la Svizzera, citando alcune opere storiche di questo tipo di letteratura e fondamentali per avvicinarsi allo studio delle medesime. Con ciò non si ha certo la pretesa di aver segnalato tutto e di aver riportato tutti gli eventi che si sono e si stanno continuamente registrando su queste catene montuose, che hanno in oltre duecento anni di storia dell'Alpinismo fatto scorrere fiumi di inchiostro. Ciononostante, a nostro avviso, può essere considerata una valida indicazione per coloro che si voglion avvicinare a questo tipo di lettura oppure un semplice ripasso di tante cose già conosciute e messe progressivamente nel dimenticatoio. Senza accorgersene, perché il tempo è inclemente con tutti. L'enorme diffusione di libri, riviste specializzate con relativi articoli mirati sempre più ad eventi specifici concernenti gli avvenimenti particolari, lascia a volte costernati facendoci cadere in qualcosa di veramente frammentario. Ecco perché risulta utile, di tanto in tanto, ritornare agli albori rivedendo opere, magari meno attuali e quindi con annotazioni e relazioni superate, ma sicuramente in grado di offrire un miglior quadro generale con un'impostazione di insieme sistematica ed organica certamente migliore. Pensiamo alla Collana del C.A.I./T.C.I. "Guida dei Monti d'Italia" dal 1934, alla Serie di Guide della Vallot in Francia ed all'opera di Marcel Kurz in Svizzera. A questi lavori monumentali vanno sicuramente aggiunti Bollettini e Riviste dei rispettivi Club Alpini Nazionali, come per la Rivista del C.A.I. in Italia o lo storico "Lo Scarpone", poi inglobato dallo stesso Ente. A queste opere devono essere aggiunte altre storiche e fondamentali per la conoscenza dell'Alpinismo nel suo lento ma costante evolversi. Un'infinità di piccoli e grandi lavori tali da svolgere un lavoro fondamentale nella ricerca e nella diffusione delle conoscenze e, spesso, sono risultate basilari nell'aiuto per la stesura dei primi, anche se più conosciuti e maggiormente divulgati.

Italy

Mountaineering Books
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Books
Book (I° Vol.)
Book (II° Vol.)
Book
Book
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Emilius - Rosa dei Banchi...
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Book
Book
80 itinerari di escursionismo...
Book
Book
Mountaineering Books
Book
Book
Book
Guida del Monte Emilius...
Mountaineering Books
Book
Mountaineering Books
Le Racchette da neve
La Guida della Regione...
A rare  book...
Rifugi della Valle d Aosta
Book
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Cover of the Mountaneering Diary 1964-69 
of Ilario Antonio Garzotto
<i>Guide: </i>Il Parco Nazionale del GranParadiso <i>including the valleys of Emilius Group</i>
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
<i>GUIDE:</i> Il Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso
<i>including also Valgrisenche</i>
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides

France

Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides
Mountaineering Literature and Guides

Switzerland

And Others

Book