East Ledge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.85300°N / 109.304°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A few days
Additional Information Difficulty: Third class
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This route begins just north of Hailey Pass and is the easiest route to the summit. See the Getting There section on the main page for directions.

Route Description


The route is very obvious and there aren't many other simple options. The Kelsey guidebook says about this route, "No route less needs a guidebook description."

Here's my attempt at a route desctription: From the north side of Hailey Pass, scramble up though bus and house-sized boulders to a large bench holding a small tarn beneath the East Face. Cross over to the obvious ramp and just follow this to the summit plateau. This requires negotiating a few steep slabs that are slightly exposed near the top. In early summer when we did this, these slabs were snow-covered and wet. The actual high-point of the plateau is on the west side if you're a peakbagger type.

Essential Gear


Standard hiking gear for the climb. Backpacking gear for the approach.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.