Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Oct 15, 2013 12:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome report

Chikamin Peak was my very first "real" summit back in the fall of 2007 and it will always be a special place for me. Spectacle Lake will always be one of my favorite lakes as well. Seeing your photos of Chikamin and the Stone Kingdom with Glacier Lake brought back great memories. Glad you had fun and I wish I could have joined you.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 16, 2013 6:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome report

Matt, you were correct in your recommendation - just a beautiful place. Helped that the weather (and the skeeters) cooperated. I love alpine lakes and this is one of the best settings I've seen.

We'll see what next summer brings. Good chance I'll be back in the PNW. Hopefully schedules will work out next year! Thanks, Mark

Hotfeet

Hotfeet - Nov 6, 2013 11:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice!

Great job, I enjoyed your trip report very much!
Thank you!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Nov 7, 2013 8:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice!

Thanks...glad you enjoyed it! It really was a wonderful couple of days. And as of now it is looking pretty good for a return visit to the PNW next August. Happy Trails, Mark

Hotfeet

Hotfeet - Nov 7, 2013 10:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great reminder!

I appreciate the reminder of the great area I live in. I get I little spoiled around here. This is all a short drive from my house and I often forget about some of these great views.
Thanks again!

vickilord - Aug 21, 2014 1:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Very useful trip report

I want to thank you for all the useful advice on climbing out of Glacier Lake and how to look for the turn off from the PCT to get to Glacier Lake. I printed out some of your photos and used them during our trip up Chikamin. Our trip when off with a single issue and all your advice was right on. I totally agree with you on how goregous the Glacier lake area is. It is worth taking the extra time to go down to Glacier Lake on your way up to Chikamin. We did the trip in 11 hours round trip from the mineral king trailhead. It makes for fast travel when you have no route finding issues.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Aug 22, 2014 9:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very useful trip report

Thanks for the feedback! It's always nice to hear from someone that actually found a submittal useful. Glad you had a great day and summit. Beautiful area for sure...

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Salmon La Sac: Two Stellar Days - One Sweet World' main page